Smart lipo laser on batwings? (photo)

Well i know brachioplasty is the best way to go but my job won't give me to much time off work i want to reduce the size of my arms so im able to wear right size shirts so i was thinking of doing smart lipo as an alternative i use my arms at work so i also can't have brachioplasty... can smart lipo help me in any way?? I been suffering with this problem since i was 11 yrs old currently in my 30s

Batwings.

You have a lot of loose skin that is a big challenge.  However you are young and healthy and your skin still can do wonders.  Aggressive liposuction and Smartlipo may give you enough skin tightening to make you happy without any big scars or downtime.

Cedar Park Family Physician

Smart lipo will leave you with flatter, more wrinkled batwings

When you have more excess skin than you have room for that skin to shrink down and tighten, you need to cut away the excess skin to achieve an aesthetic result. Choosing lipo is simply choosing to have loose flapping wrinkled skin instead of loose flapping skin and fat. Ugly result both ways. When you need a brachioplasty, the only other option is to do nothing at all.

Smart lipo laser on batwings?

Smartlipo will decrease the amount of adipose tissue and cause some skin tightening. Aggressive liposuction may still leave you with some loose, saggy skin. However, as you have already stated, a brachioplasty is the correct procedure for you. I would suggest that you wait until you have the opportunity to have adequate time off to have the correct procedure. Good luck!

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring - Arms

A VASER Hi definition procedure can give you the best results with contouring, sculpting, and excess skin removal as well. Please see a VASER body contouring specialist. Best, Dr. Emer

Smart Lipo Vs. Brachioplasty

Thank you for your question and photos.

You are correct when you say a brachioplasty is the best treatment option for you. However, I do think you would see an improvement with Smart Lipo. As long as you have reasonable expectations and understand you won't get brachioplasty results with Smart Lipo, I think you would be pleased with the Smart Lipo procedure. I would recommend scheduling the procedure for a time when you have at least two days off of work as you will be sore post-operatively.

Best of Luck,  

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon