Small front teeth. Veneers, bonding, or raising the gum line? (Photos)

I just had my Invisalign taken off. Part of one of my front teeth that had a button sanded off became chipped. The chip was sanded down and the tooth next to it sanded down slightly as well. Now I feel that my front two teeth look too small. I'm wondering what would be recommended? My teeth are obviously healthy and white. I do not want to destroy the structure of them but am really bothered by the appearance of the front teeth now. Looking for recommendations.

Don't Mess with Near Perfection

As a cosmetic and restorative dentist in Southern California I have to say your dentist did an awesome job. Your smile is beautiful and worthy of the red carpet and the cover of a magazine. Sometimes patients can overdue it when it comes to cosmetic dentistry. The color, shape and size of your teeth match the rest of your face and your face shape. In your case I would have to say don't mess with a perfect smile.

Redondo Beach Dentist

Beautiful smile already #DrSoftTouch

Invisalign has given you excellent results, and you have a beautiful smile! I would not recommend any further cosmetic treatment at this point.  Try not to focus on this one tiny "flaw" that you notice. No one is will notice because they'll be too busy admiring your beautiful smile. I hope this helps.  Follow me for more questions and answers.

Your smile

You have a great smile and the esthetic results after invisalign look excellent. Its difficult to answer your question without consulting with you further. However one aspect that I wouldn't suggest is raising the gum line. I think you gum line is even and it would not help in achieving your goal. Cosmetic bonding would be the most conservative approach to increase the length of your front teeth. All the best,

Navid Zamani, DMD
Los Angeles Dentist

Small front teeth...veneers, bonding, or gum lift?

It does not appear that your gums show when you smile.  If this is truly the case, a gum lift will only make your teeth appear longer when your lip is retracted, not when you smile. So my recommendation is no for the gum lift.  You do have very nice, healthy looking teeth and a beautiful smile.  Porcelain veneers would require removing some of your enamel(amount depends on dentist performing the procedure, some doctors preparations are much more aggressive than others, something to beware of).  No prep porcelain veneers or lumineers would make your teeth too bulky, in my opinion. So my recommendation is no for porcelain veneers.  Cosmetic bonding can be done with no removal of any enamel whatsoever, so you get to keep all of your healthy tooth structure.  With cosmetic bonding, you can have a Preview Bonding done on your tooth in a very short time without permanently adhering it to your tooth.  So you get to decide if you like the color and appearance of how the final result would look before you proceed with actual treatment.  Other advantages of cosmetic bonding are that  it is a reversible procedure if you should ever decide you do not like it or if you ever opt for a different procedure.  Finally, cosmetic bonding is done in 1 visit and is easily repaired if ever necessary.  For all of these reasons, I would strongly recommend cosmetic bonding for your  situation.  Just make sure you select a dentist that is artistic, skilled, and confident with this procedure.

Fantastic smile!

I am a cosmetic dentist in the Dallas Texas area, and you have an absolutely sensationall smile. Your dentist or orthodontist did an awesome job providing Invisalign to you. What a great result! I would not recommend doing one single thing more as your smile looks natural and sensational. I would highly advise you not focus on the small item that you notice. Nobody else is going to notice anything like that with your smile looking the way it does.

Just leave it, you have a perfect smile!

You are right, your teeth are healthy and perfect.The size is also just right and definitely not small. So please do not disturb them. Good luck.