Slimmer face structure? (Photo)

I've been googling and researching all day and all night trying to figure out what is the name of the surgery for slimming down and face making it more Narrow. My face is so round and I so hate it!!! I have to put pounds of make up on to contour my face it's pathetic !!! What surgery would I have to get to make my face appear more slimmer :( I really need to know I also need to know the name so i can google some before and after photos. I also want to find a doctor who can do it ? Thank you

Changing shape of face

Thank you for asking about your facial fat removal.
  • It appears that your goal is to better resemble Kim Kardashian.
  • Your pre-photo shows a normal face which more closely resembles her than your after.
  • The after photo shows your entire head is narrowed - no surgery can achieve this look.
  • Buccal fat removal - done by plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons - will hollow your cheeks.
  • It will make you look sunken - which Kim Kardashian does not - in her photo.
  • All celebrity photos including this one are photoshopped and do not look like the person in real life.
  • I am concerned by the changes you are looking for.
  • May I suggest you consult a very well qualified plastic surgeon to discuss what might be done but also consider counseling to discover who you yourself are - a better approach for most people than trying to find themselves through surgery. 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Slimmer face structure?

Hi, based upon the attached photos your face is a wide, top-heavy oval.  Women look the most attractive with heart-shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round anteriorly (in the front).  Your cheeks are flat in the front, the chin is weak and there is excess fat in front and below the cheeks.  The following procedures can create a more heart shaped, feminine and attractive face.

• Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler (I prefer Perlane now called restylane Lyft) or using a cheek implant for a permanent enhancement to create full, round cheeks anteriorly that will feminize the entire face.
  • Chin augmentation with a dermal filler (I prefer Radiesse) or usinga chin implant to provide augmentation, harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Liposuction of the face to reduce excess fat from the lower face.
IMHO buccal fat removal should not be considered as this removes fat deep within the cheeks and can cause facial hollowness years later.

Buccal fat pad reduction

Thanks for sharing.  Buccal fat reduction in the right patient with fullness in the lower cheeks can have nice results.  Based on what i can see in your photos, it is difficult to say that you would benefit from this procedure. Having performed many of these, i don't think that this procedure would get you to your "after" photo.  That said, please consult in person with surgeon experienced in buccal fat pad reduction.

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Facial contouring procedures to create a narrower facial appearance.

Unfortunately, the procedures available to narrow the facial width will not result in dramatic change. Neuromodulator (Botox) can be injected into the masseter muscle to somewhat decrease facial width in front of the ears.  buccal fat can be removed to decrease fullness in the submalar cheek area.  the anterior body and parasymphysis region of the mandible can be reduced to decrease width in the front lower face.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC, FACS

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial contouring

There are numerous options to contour the face. Your pictures are a bit difficult to see and a consultation is always best to accurately determine the best approach. Depending on your concerns and the physical findings, options range from using Botox to reduce the masseter muscles to buccal fat pad removal to reduction of the facial skeleton. A surgeon with Craniofacial training or experience in the more advanced techniques of skeletal alterations is mandatory to safely address your concerns. Hope this helps. 

Steven R. Cohen, MD

Slimming round cheeks

Patients who feel that they always have had rounded cheeks are usually good candidates for buccal fat pad removal.  It takes away much of the roundness of the lower cheeks  and depending upon the size of your bfpads, tends to highlight and strengthen the appearance of your cheekbones (without actually changing them).
Remember that your bone structure cannot be narrowed but you can simulate a slimming of your cheeks comparable to what often occurs with weight loss by removing your buccal fat pads.  Discuss your options with a Bd Certified Plastic Surgeon and review before and after pictures of other patients to see if this is what you seek.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Facial Slimming

Your imaged picture shows facial slimming between the cheek and jawline. This can be best achieved with buccal lipectomies and perioral liposuction. These are fat removal procedures. Often some vertical chin lengthening with these procedures can really help deround the face as well. 

Slimming the Face

This is a common request from Asian patients.  There are a couple of options to slim the face, including buccal fat removal and non-surgical jaw reduction.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-Dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Round face can sometimes be improved by buccal fat pad excision.

I think reduction of the buccal fat that is a legitimate alternative. This is easily done through local anesthesia through the mouth. Video imaging will give you some idea what to expect. Selective volume enhancement in the cheek as well as job region may also be adjunctive therapy.

Buccal Fat Removal and cheek augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Please make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in person when making your ultimate decision on a procedure.

The cheek area make be "sculpted" by removing one's buccal fat deposits.  Also, grafting fat to your chin area, may make you face look longer overall. Grafting to your cheek area will give a nice contract to the hollows created after buccal fat removal. This in combination with buccal fat removal may give you more of the appearance you desire.  

Visit a surgeon in person.  

All the best on your quest.  I hope I was helpful.

Dr. Obeng

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS