Sliding genioplasty with existing jaw implants possible?

I have a chin implant and jaw implants. I'm happy with my jaw implants, but my chin implant still doesn't give me the projection I'd like. Is it possible to keep my jaw implants and have a sliding genioplasty or does this disrupt the procedure? Thank you.

Sliding Genioplasty

Great question.  

It is possible to have a sliding genioplasty with your jaw implants.  The cuts for the sliding genioplasty are in front of the jaw implants, and should not impact them.   

Sliding genoplasty

It is possible to do a  secondary sliding genioplasty by either removing the chin implant or keeping it in place and carrying it forward with the horizontal chin bone movement.

Jaw implants and genioplasty

No, it is possible to remove the chin implant and have a genioplasty. It should be done to 'blend' in with the jawline implants at the same time. Infection risk is increased depending upon the time of the original procedure.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon