Am I too skinny for a Brazilian butt lift? (photos)

I'm about 5"4 and around 110 pounds. I like that I'm skinny but I'm not a fan of the fact that skinny jeans don't fit me - because they sag in the butt area! Do I have enough fat for a brazilian butt lift? I don't want to get silicone butt implants because I've heard that you can feel the implants. Would gaining 10 pounds or so help?

You have a great question!

Your BMI is roughly 18.8  and I have done patients with similar BMI and they are very happy with excellent results. You can expect your buttocks to increase a small amount. If you want a larger change for the best results you should get your BMI to around 22.  Which can be attained with a weight gain of 15 to 20 pounds.
I would recommend you look at  The American College Osteopathic Surgeons website ( and look up an osteopathic plastic surgeons in your area.  The best way to determine the result is an in person exam by a board-certified plastic surgeon. 
I wish you well through your procedure and your recovery, 
Dr McAdoo

Does Gaining Weight Help a Skinny Patient For a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Yes, gaining weight would help, but only if you can maintain and plan to keep the weight. If you plan to gain it temporarily, then it won't be beneficial for you because the fat you gain will also be temporary. From the photos it looks as though you do have some fat from your lateral thighs, hips, and abdomen. A thorough consult with an experienced plastic surgeon would will give you a better idea of what fat can be used and how much you would need to enhance your buttocks to your desired size. Make sure the surgeon can also show you some before and after photos of similar patients.

Hello, thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry. Your BMI is too low to achieve a good result with a BBL, the best would be to gain 15 to 20 pounds and try to keep them for at least 6 months, later on you might have the bbl that would give you good results.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

How Skinny is TOO Skinny for A Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)?

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.   I think the main question is:  How big do you want your butt to be?  I have done many BBLs on patients your size.  Those patient were looking for an improvement in their torso and a small volume shape change.  If this is the case, then I think you have enough fat.  If you are want a significantly larger or rounder butt, then I do not think fat alone is enough.  I believe you would need a butt implant.  I agree with you, sometimes implants can be felt.  Yet, that is also true with breast implants and I don't understand why Butt Implants get singled out.  Given your concern, another option is to use a moderate size butt implant and then "soften" it by placing fat around the implant.    Before I tell you to gain weight, I think you should be seen and examined in person.  Please reach out if you have any further questions.  Best of Luck!  

Sincerely, Matthew J. Nykiel, M.D. #RealSelfTopDoctor #RealSelfCoreDoctor “THE” Butt Doctor Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Cosmetic Fellowship Trained Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Candidacy for BBL

Hello and thank you for your question. Looking at your pictures, you appear very lean and you already have a great shape. An in-person examination will reveal if you have enough fat stores to achieve an even better look. Additionally, your plastic surgeon would have to go over your expectations and overall health/candidacy for such a procedure. 
Traditionally, in people deemed good candidates for BBL, their silhouette would be greatly improved by aggressive liposuction of their flanks, abdomen, and lower back. By slimming the contour of your waist, flanks, and back with liposuction, your buttocks will already appear perkier when put next to a much slimmer waistline;
liposuction will allow your surgeon to harvest fat to also transfer to your buttocks to further enhance this look. Depending on your goals, it appears that you have some extra fat over your flanks in the front and back that can be suctioned to give you a tighter waistline; this might not produce a lot of fat, but it may be enough given that you are so lean, to augment your buttocks.  Again, an in-person examination would be worthwhile, but my gut feeling is that a little fat would go a long way in your body.
As for weight, you should go into surgery at your stable weight because your fat grafts will change in size with your weight fluctuations: they will get bigger when you gain weight and get smaller when you lose weight.
I hope this helps and make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in advanced body contouring techniques.
Sincerely, Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

The Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure designed to transfer fat from one area of the body, typically the stomach and thighs, hips, knees, and back to the buttock through liposuction.  The procedure is meant to reshape, but also enhances the size of a buttock to better fit the figure and provides a perky appearance to rear end. For those who have lost weight and feel their buttocks lack shape or wish to improve the appearance of their backsides, the Brazilian butt lift procedure is a solution. It is unique by the use of the patients own harvested body fat, rather than the use of synthetic material. This allows for a healthier and longer lasting result. From your photos that you have provided it appears that you have very little to no fat to give optimal results with a BBL. Best advice is to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and/or goals.Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBAWeniger Plastic Surgery(843) 757-0123

Am I too skinny for a Brazilian butt lift?

This will depend upon your selection of surgeon and your expectations. Please seek out a well respected and extremely skilled board certified plastic surgeon for your endeavors. Kenneth Hughes, MD Beverly Hills, CA

An in-person examination to have a better look to see if you have enough fat. I will tell you with 25 years experience that implants will not give you a natural look and are up to 60% rejected from the body. Your own fat will be not rejected and give you that natural look and you will not loose the fat after your 6 months procedure. A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. After a successful Brazilian Butt lift, the fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. Like the rest of the tissue in your body this fat will grow and age with you. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote. Thank you for your question.