Skinny but have a big tummy that won't go away? Hip dips? (Photo)

I am an 18 year old female, I weigh 115 pounds and I am 5'6" Ive been a vegan for years and work out everyday and I still can't manage to get this pad of fat off my tummy! I also have big dips in each of my hips. I think this may be hereditary, my mother and grandmother have the same shape. Would a fat transfer from my stomach to my hip dips be an option? How much would it cost to correct my stomach and hip dips? (Not my main concern, just need to start saving) Could this be corrected at my age? Thank you

Doctor Answers 8

Fixing a bulge on the stomach at age 18

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

  • First you need an examination to know what is needed.
  • If it is fat, it can be removed with liposuction.
  • But the position of the bulge suggests it may be a congenital diastasis of the lower abdominal muscle -
  • In this case, a different treatment is needed.
  • I strongly suggest you find a plastic surgeon near you whom you think you can trust and and have a consultation to know what is needed - you can then know the cost and start saving!
  • Whatever it is, yes, it can be corrected at your age.
  • If it is fat, the little bit of fat removed can be injected into the hips - ask your surgeon about this.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction with fat transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question and pictures, an in person consultation would be best for a a better evaluation,but it looks like you can be a good candidate for this procedure,consult carefully with a board certified PS, good luck!

Tummy and hips

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your photo. Thank you for your photos. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine how much excess fat or skin you have in your abdomen and the contour of your hips. Generally speaking, a liposuction of the abdomen with fat transfer to the hips can work in your situation but it is important that you have enough fat to undergo the fat transfer procedure and have a noticeable result that lasts. Price is determined by the amount of time, geographic location, and exact procedure which you will be having. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Skinny but have a big tummy that won't go away? Hip dips?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You may well be a candidate for liposuction if you are at a healthy and maintainable weight but you should be examined to get a face-to-face consultation and evaluation for best advice.  Fat can be transferred to soften the "hip dips" but I doubt that enough fat can be harvested to eliminate them completely.  Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon or an experienced dermatologist performing liposuction and fat transfer to gain more information.  You may also enjoy the video link above. Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

Liposuction with fat graft

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Liposution should definitely address the problem. If you want to add curve to the hips, you can do so at the same time with fat grafting to those area. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #fatgraft

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

Protruberant abdomen and hip dips

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

you certainly do and not need an abdominoplasty, and should not have one until you have had your children ( which may result in you needing one ).  Your only option currently would be liposuction if you have a relatively thick layer of subcutaneous fat.  If fat is aspirated  with lower vacuum to prevent damage to the fat cells and properly rocessed this could be injected under the hip dips. the cost could be several thousand dollars.

William Jervis, Jr., MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

For Best Results-VASER HI DEF, ThermiRF, ultrasound

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You look like you would be good candidate for VASER. I use VASER HI DEF with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting to get the most fat removal, skin tightening, definition and contouring. A combination of coolsculpting/vanquish for fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, and cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth are also options.Cost will vary. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a hi-def physique expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  You are the ideal candidate for non invasive fat reduction using CoolSculpting.  Most likely 1-2 sessions of freezing your fat will give you the flat tummy that you are looking for.  You are the ideal candidate because you have a distinct fat pocket that can be targeted and therefore eliminated via this technology.  Hope to see you soon.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.