Skin problems in pelvic area after tummy tuck. Is this normal? How can this be corrected? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck about three weeks ago. I still have drains, the pelvic area is still very sore and I noticed bumps and a lot of new stretch marks~ the skill is so pulled that even the lips look disgusting. How can this issue be treated & corrected? Will the dark color and skin problems ever disappear? How soon can I use silicone tape on my scar? Thanks in advance

Tummy Tuck Questions

Hello,You should tell your surgeon that it's time to remove your drains.  Data tells us that at this point it's irrelevant how much longer you go, and  you will likely develop a fluid collection (seroma) after the drains are removed regardless of how much longer you wait. As an aside for women contemplating a tummy tuck, this is why progressive tension sutures are so important for the best possible tummy tuck, allowing the surgeon to forego the use of drains. No drains means virtually no risk of seromas.Best of luck!

Post-Op Skin Problems

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen . It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle. These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard , Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.