What size and profile implants would give me a better look in my re augmentation? I have 430cc now. (photos)

I have 430cc moderate profile implants but want them exchanged. They are under the muscle. I had 360cc high profile implants over the muscle before but wanted a more natural look. I think my surgeon has achieved this but I feel my implants are too wide and high. I am thinking of exchanging for smaller implanst but dont know whether to go for a higher profile and how muany cc to drop by. also what diameter difference will make a visible difference to my appearance. I need to get it right this time

In the pursuit of perfect

a lot of problems can arise.  Were you happy with the size when you had the 360 cc implants?  And what motivated you to go larger?  Your results currently are quite good and I doubt any surgeon would think they are 'frankenboobs' as you describe.  Smaller implants would certainly help with the convexity of the upper pole and smaller implants in the same model will likely provide what you want.  But is your current look that bad?  I don't' think so and if tolerable for you, consider waiting until a problem arises before jumping back into the OR.

Too large with 430 cc mid profile implants.

Thanks for your question.  My approach would be to plan to use Mid+ profile implants in approximately a 340-360 cc size range.  Discuss your goals with your plastic surgeon and allow him/her to see the actual results with different volume implant sizers during the surgery to best match your goals.  Your current implants appear too large for your skin and breast dimensions and I would expect a big improvement with smaller subpectoral implants.  Please enjoy the video above and good luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

3rd breast augmentation, need help

Hi Sxcsam,

Thanks for your question and photos. All your questions need to be answered in person. An in office consultation and examination is required to be able to answer these questions. I agree with your assessment. I would recommend shaped implants to achieve the result that you are looking for. But I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in breast revision surgery. Good Luck.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@breastrevision @breastaugmentation @docmata #drcarlosmata

You got What you Wanted

In your first post a year ago, you complained that the surgeon you visited would not put in bigger implants.  Next post, you got bigger implants.  Maybe it's time to listen to the surgeon instead of shopping for a surgeon to carry out your plans.  Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons specializing in revision surgery. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Revision Breast Implant Choices are Difficult

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing revision breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your native breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate.  Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in

Downsizing breast implant surgery concerns...

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Yes, you should be able to undergo downsizing of breast implants. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.  
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary, specifically downsizing, breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes. 

Thank you for the question and size and implant shape is determined after measurements and finding a volume that you like.  So go on some consults with experts in your area or see your surgeon.

Dr. Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Profiles and size

A slightly narrow based higher profile gel implant would be excellent choice. Seek revision specialist in your area for in office consultation 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS