Will the size go down? (Photo)

1 week post op. I was told I could get a bra that had a good underwire. I went to Victoria Secret and was sized into a 32DDD. I received 375CC highprofile silicone. I am 5'6 and 115lb. I was a 32A and wanted a C/D. From pictures I've seen online and other peoples experiences I felt really good about my choice. Since I am only 1 week post op is it possible they will go down to what I wanted?

They will drop

Thanks for your question.  While you do have significant upper pole fullness and the implants are relatively large for your frame, they will go through significant changes in the next weeks to months and settle down and appear more natural. Feel free to discuss this with your doctor. The degree that the implants drop partially depends on minute details of the surgical technique involved and you should discuss this with your physician.  Be patient and they will start to look better over time.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

I think 375 cc implants were an appropriate size choice.  In your case, as is typical, the implants sit a bit high initially, but they will drop and soften considerably in the weeks to come.  That will certainly make them seem not quite as large.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Will the size go down?

You will have significant changes over the next 3 months. And BTW, number one we don't do breast enlargement to fit a certain bra letter, it's done to create a look, and number two, Victoria's Secret always sizes people at least one to two sizes bigger than other brands. 375cc coes not seem excessively large for your frame.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Size after one week

Being that you are only a week post op there will be some abnormalities at this time however the overall size will remain about the same. It is the shape itself that will change in that there will be less swelling, they will settle and become more rounded. The upper pole will also go down as the implants settle into place.

Size

Victoria secret has their own unique sizing system that sizes larger than most companies. Also, you are very early in your healing phase and do have some swelling and adjusting to do. For now, don't worry about the cup size. Just follow your surgeon's advice and enjoy your new look.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Sizing

Bra sizing is not a standardized unit of measure.  A perfect example is Victoria Secrets sizing system that makes everyone seem to fit into unexpectedly large bras.  Additionally, many women of similar proportions feel more comfortable in one size or another.  So, no one could (should) tell you before surgery that you'll be a certain bra size afterward, and no one can tell you now what size bra you might be wearing in 3 months. 

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Will the size go down?

At 1 week it is very likely that swelling is still present and the size will continue going down. You can monitor the swelling by pressing on the skin in your cleavage and watch how the swelling resolves with time.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Breast Size

Thank you for your question. It is too early to see your final result, which can take 6 months. Most likely, the breast size will decrease slightly, as the swelling goes down.

Dennis Hurwitz, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon