Would it be better, for my situation, to go with Restylane or Radiesse?

I'm looking into getting dermal fillers to enhance my cheekbones/bone structure. I'm 24 so this is not about having wrinkles or lost volume.

How to enhance cheeks?

Thank you for sharing your question. There are many good fillers that can enhance the cheeks. Make a consultation with an Oculofacial Surgeon for comprehensive evaluation and guidance with best treatment option. 
Good luck,

Cheek Augmentation With Fillers, Fat, Sculptra, Implants

Cheeks can be improved with fillers, implants, sculptra.  I suggest you see a facial sculpting expert for improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Retylane Lyft versus Radiesse

Thank you very much for sharing your question. In our practice, we have had wonderful success using Restylane Lyft or Juvederm Voluma to enhance midface volume and create a nice facial contour. Radiesse is a great product, but in someone so young, you may be happier with a softer filler that will still give you the volume you are looking for. I would recommend having your treatments performed utilizing a microcannula to avoid bruising. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Cheek Volume

If you are looking to enhance the cheek area, you have a few options. There is Voluma, which can last up to 2 years and is made of hyaluronic acid. Radiesse is also a good option for the cheekbone area. It can also last up to 2 years or maybe longer, but is made up of a hydroxy appetite. That being said, it cannot be dissolved if for some reason you did not like the look. Restylane does make a new filler called Restylane Lyft. Any of these 3 would work well. It really comes down to brand preference and price.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Voluma is superior to Radiesse and Restylane

In my view, Voluma is better than Radiesse and Restylane for cheek structure and lift. Most of the effects from Radiesse dissipate within 3 months, whereas Voluma is more cohesive and durable. At your age, a small amount of Voluma will go a long way.  Restylane is not designed or effective for cheeks.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers in the cheekbone

If you are looking to enhance the cheekbone area, then Radiesse would be better than Restylane for this.  Another option is Voluma.  Restylane is good for the nasolabial folds and the lips.  Hope this helps.

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist

Radiesse vs Restylane

I have been doing these filler over 14 years since they were approved in the USA as I had my fellowship at world renowned Pitanguy clinic in Brazil.  I like radiesse and Voluma.  It all depends on technique and experience to achieve the results not filler choice alone.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Preferred Injection Product for Cheekbones

Hi YYYAAA.  Your injector can use either product.  We prefer Radiesse when we need more volume for a patient and often use Restylane when more delicate shaping is needed.  The answer to this question depends in large part on how you present to your injector (your goals) and what product they prefer.  

Top view cheek augmentation with Radiesse, view the photos at the before and after link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane or Radiesse for cheek enhancement?

I find that Radiesse gives lovely results in enhancing the cheekbone prominences.  For patients having filler for the first time I offer them hyaluronic (I use Juvederm but Restylane is equally good) since it's reversible if the patient doesn't like the results (that's never happened).     I'd encourage you to use Radiesse if you're comfortable with the fact that its' not reversible.  I don't use Voluma due to the relatively high cost of the material and the fact that it only lasts (I'm told) about 1 1/2 yrs.  It's of course a personal choice though.  

Good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, Am. Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Enhancing cheekbones

You can enhance cheek bones with Restylane Lyft, Voluma, or Radiesse. I tend to prefer a hyaluronic acid based product (Resylane Lyft or Voluma). I recommend consultation and treatment with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Take care! 

Anne Marie Tremaine, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon