Silicone microdroplets or Voluma? (Photos)

I want to know any local doctors around the LA area that do either Silicone or Voluma. I want to get the treatment for my acne scars. Will it help my case? I really don't want to try lasers I want to try other things before I try laser.

Acne scars

Voluma is not a great option for treating acne scars. You are probably going to need a combination of procedures. My best advice would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist in the LA area (there are a lot of us) to have your skin assessed in person. It's really going to be the only way for you to get truly accurate advice.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Silicone microdroplets or Voluma? = no silicone injection please!!!!! #voluma #acne #scars

Depressed acne scars are difficult to address, but could be improved with multiple cosmetic procedures. Acne scarring could be improved with skin resurfacing with chemical peels, lasers and soft tissue fillers,

Silicone microdroplets are NOT recommended for treatment of any scarring or soft tissue augmentation. Silicone injection is very appealing to patients because the price is quite cheap and large areas can be treated for a minimal cost.  What the patients are not told is that the body rejects the silicone after 5 to 7 years ( bumps and lumps raise at the level of the injection) and therefore in order to remove it, surgery needs to be performed ( excision of silicone granulomas will require bigger scars that the original acne scars). Therefore, patients should refrain of (liquid) silicone injections on their faces.

Patients with acne deeps scars should consider filler augmentation but silicone injections.

John Mesa, MD

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I find that bellafill or silicone are best for acne scars but also need lasers, microneedling and other treatments in combination to get improved results.  Dr. Emer.

Acne scar injections

I wouldn't use Voluma. Bellafill is FDA approved for rolling scars. This is the filler I would use. Silicon has been used for this but it is off label and there are several stories of granulomas. If it were me, I'd use the Bellafill.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Silicone or Voluma

Thanks for your question and photos
Voluma is filler which is typically placed deep for volumizing the cheek complex. Very few physicians inject silicone for acne scarring due to potential long term complications. I would recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist with a focus on injections who can perform a full evaluation and provide you with several effective alternatives
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD