How many sessions of Kybella would I need for my double chin? (Photo)

I am very active but it seems no matter how thin I am my chin won't go away. I have already made a consultation with a doctor; however, I just want a little more insight. Anywho by the photos how many sessions of Kybella would I need?

How many sessions of Kybella would I need for my double chin

Thank you for your question.  Good candidates for kybella are also good candidates for liposuction (good skin tone and fullness in the submentalregion). You will need 3-5 treatments of kybella for good results. Consult with a board certified plastic surgery. Best wishes.

A Great Candidate for KYBELLA treatments for Chin Fat

If you’re bothered by submental fullness, you’re not alone !  It can impact a broad range of adults, including both men and women. Obviously , the more fat that is available subcutaneously, the more sessions that a patient might expect.  Most often, with the amount of fat shown in the photo, it is likely that less than 2-3 sessions will provide you with a great result!

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Kybella Treats Submental Chin Fat Permanently

KYBELLA® is used to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin --often referred to as a “double chin .
Kybella is a cytolytic drug, which when injected into tissue physically destroys the cell membrane. When properly injected into submental fat, Kybella destroys fat cells getting rid of unwanted double chin fat.

We suggest 2 or 3 treatments scheduled 4-6 weeks apart . Our patients have seen noticable improvements at every treatment!

#Kybelladoublechin   #Kybellaoptions   #Kybellasessions

Kybella / Liposuction/ Radio frequency/ Cool Sculpting / CoolMini / Neck Laxity / Botox / Double Chin Treatment

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears you may be able to achieve improvement with 2-3 treatments.  Liposuction may be another option for you.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

How many sessions of Kybella would I need for my double chin?

Hello asg45,

With Kybella you should have at least 2 treatments and up to 4 treatments to get the full result.  Based on your photos I'd imagine 2 treatments would work for you, maybe 3.  It is important to realize that you won't get much of a result with a single treatment, so keep at it to get the result you want.  The treatments are spaced 6 weeks apart for your planning purposes. 

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella

Thank you for your question, asg45. Find comfort knowing that there are many individuals - including myself - who practice healthy habits of eating and athletic activity but still notice their "double chin" persists. I found the Kybella treatments very comfortable - non-invasive in-office treatments with minimal recovery time of little to no discomfort - and keep in mind that you will need 2-6 treatments for the permanent results you desire. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella in LA

Hi there
thanks for the question.  it is hard to say without examining you, and even with examining you, everyone responds different and everyone has different expectations.  My guess would be two sessions would be enough, but a third is definitely a possibility depending on what you are looking for.  
Good Luck

Kybella treatments

Kybella is a great option for reducing fat underneath the chin non-invasively.  The best patients for this procedure are patients without a large amount of fat.  Generally, the less fat that is present, less product and less treatments are needed.   Someone with a small amount of fat can see results in as little as one treatment but may need 2-3 treatments for optimal results.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

Fantastic question!  Good to know all of your options.
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Number of Kybella treatments needed

Thank you for your question.  The typical patient has about 2 treatments of Kybella spread out by amount 1 month or so.  However, this will vary by the patient.  Some patients might be happy with their results with only 1 treatment, and another patient might need 3 treatments.  Based on your photos it looks like you only have a mild deformity.  An in person consultation with a certified Kybella injector would be the best way to determine how much treatment you would likely need.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician