This just doesn't make sense. Can someone please explain it to me?

From my understanding, a whole bodylift is a surgery that removes all the excessive extra skin around the body and that includes a tummy tuck. If this is correct, I see the price( around 15k) of bodylift is almost the same as the price of tummy tuck. Shouldn't it be higher?

Whole bidy lift

hello and thank you for your question. Whole body lift is a misnomer. It really means a Thigh lift, Lower body lift Breast lift and arm lift, which very rarely are done together ( I am doing one tomorrow). What I believe you are talking about is best termed a lower body lift. There are multiple procedures that make this up but vary from Dr. to Dr. The price also varies from Doc to Doc and region to region. In my practice in San Antonio a lower body lift consists of 5 procedures;
1. A full tummy tuck.
2. A mons lift.
3. A strong lateral thigh lift.
4. A butt lift.
5. Auto augmentation of the buttocks and the hips (this being my signature procedure of retaining the hip width and therefore the hip/waist ratio).
This costs in total wit a 2 night hospital stay $13,000.
A full tummy tuck with a single night in hospital is $8,400.
peter Fisher M.D.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Costs of Body Contouring Procedures

Thanks for your question. .A “body lift” means different things to different people. The costs associated with massive weight loss procedures, or any surgery, are based on several factors which include: type of procedure or procedures, surgeon and facility fees. The first step is to find a board-certified plastic surgeon, preferably one who is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, who you feel comfortable with and they will decide if you are a good candidate for body contouring surgery. Massive weight loss procedures can include lower body lift, abdominoplasty, brachioplasty, breast reduction, breast lift, thigh lift, or buttock lift. Surgeon and facility fees vary depending on location, type of facility and if you will need an overnight stay in the hospital or facility. These will also depend on your health and other factors as well, and are great questions to ask your surgeon at your consultation. 

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Lower body Lift

A lower body lift addresses the tummy, front of the thighs, not inner thights, outside of the thighs, buttocks, flanks and lower back.  It does usually cost more than a tummy tuck as it requires more time and care .

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Body Lift Definition

Agreed, it's a misnomer.  Having trained with the father of the modern body lift technique, Dr. ted Lockwood, the real term for body lift is "Transverse Buttocks and Lateral Thigh Lift."  It mainly addresses the excess skin starting on the lateral hips/flanks, extending down the lateral thighs to the knees and lifts the poster aspect of the buttocks as well.  I hope this helps!

Lower body lift

what you are describing sounds like a Lower Body Lift, which includes an abdominoplasty and a back lift and usually liposuction to the back area also, with some buttock elevation or lift. in my area that price would be close to 15,000$ at an office operating room setting.  a tummy tuck alone would be closer to 7500$$ in an office OR. prices vary with the area of the country you live.

Terminology

The price of a tummy tuck should be more around $7500.  The terminology that has been proposed to you is an oversimplification.   Find out exactly what surgeries are planned.

Body Lift Surgery and Costs

Costs vary from surgeon to surgeon and in relation to the region of the country. A body lift entails removing the tissue similar to an abdominoplasty followed by the removal of the posterior waist area lifting the buttock and hips as well. This is normally more expensive than a tummy tuck as it is significantly longer and more work.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD