Seeking Fuller Lips for Drastic Result. Should I consider Silicone Lip injections or can I achieve with Juvedurm ? (photo)

I have a very small tiny mouth that is not proportional to the rest of my features. It really bugs me, and makes me feel very insecure. I love the way big, full lips look, and after I drew on the size that I feel like I would be satisfied with, I became excited however I don't know if several Juvedurm injections alone will give me this look or should I consider Silicone Lip injections/ Fat injections?

Silicone Lips Injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Regards from Dr Carlos Alberto Rios,

For your information, in 1898 Dr. Robert Gersuny, Austrian surgeon, injected paraffin into the scrotum of a patient who was orquiectomizado (testicles removed). Here began the history of the injection of external substances to give volume to the face and body. This practice became very popular and now, there are whole chapters in plastic surgery books that explain how to try to correct and rebuild the serious effects of the application of paraffin. 

In your case, you should NEVER put liquid silicone injections in your lips, what you want, changes in your face and lips, can be achived with hyaluronic acid, may be injections of Juvederm Volluma or Juvederm Volift, which is the best choice for achieve the desired appearance.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Rios.

Volbella XC

Thanks for your question and photos. You would benefit from a lip filler such as Juvederm. Volbella XC is being released by Allergan in October 2016. It is FDA approved and formulated with Vycross. Vycross blends different types of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is naturally present in the skin.Results are immediate and Volbella XC can last in patients for up to 1 year. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD