Will Sculptra Give Me Chiseled Look?

So I have used Juvederm in the past, primarily to enhance my cheeks and get a little bit of a sharper bone structure look. As a male, this is my main concern. I want to look more masculine, not less. I want all of my injections to increase the chiseled look of my face, not make it puffy or soft. I say all of this because I hear that Sculptura is great for long-term results. But is is possible to use Sculptura for the chiseled look I desire, or is it used mainly for all-around filling of the face?

Sculptra and facial injections

Sculptra is a fantastic collagen booster deep into the skin. It will provide the foundation and improve volume.  It will not give you a "chiseled" look but can be used in combination with Juvederm Voluma which might be the best solution for you. I often use this in combination and utilize Thermage as well to tighten the skin.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Augment just the cheek area

It can be used to augment just the cheek area and leave you with an angular look along the jawline etc. Just make sure that you stress this portion to your plastic surgeon when you go in for a consultation.

Vijay K. Bindingnavele, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for a Facial Sculpting

Sculptra is a collagen stimulator that improves volume loss throughout the face.  In general, I like to use Sculptra to soften harsh hollowed facial contours that can occur with aging.  In my opinion, the product does exactly the opposite of providing a chiseled look.  For a more defined chiseled look I typically inject a thicker filler such as Juvederm Voluma or Restylane Lyft to sculpt and enhance the contours of the cheekbones and jawline.  

Pamela B. Rosen, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and Other Fillers for Facial Sculpting

All of my facial volume and lifting patients get sculptra as their foundation to help build collagen long term, lift, and compliment laser and skin tightening procedures. We layer other fillers on top such as voulma or radiesse for contour and shape and fold improvement. I suggest seeing an innovative facial sculpting expert who tailors their fillers to your needs and often uses combinations to get best results. Best, Dr. Emer.

Will Sculptra Give Me Chiseled Look?

HI and thanks for your question. Sculptra is just one of several fillers used to enhance the mid face. Make sure you see a very experienced injector, preferably one who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Sculptra for Chiseled Appearance

Hi Calitigerboy.  If you are looking for a chiseled appearance you should consider facial implants.  Dermal fillers including Sculptra are used to increase facial volume, but chiseled is not a word used often to describe how they make patients look.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Chiseled look with Sculptra?

Sculptra Aesthetic is an excellent product which is used as a volume, soft tissue filler for facial enhancement. It works a bit differently than Juvederm or other gels fillers, but can be very beneficial for volume correction when properly done.

However, if you are interested in a chiseled cheek/ malar area, jawline, mandible definition may I suggest you consider facial silastic implants or surgery for your jawline or maxilla. Sculptra may not give you the chiseled look that you are interested in. I recommend consulting with a reputable plastic surgeon or oral/ maxillofacial surgeon to explore your options. Best of luck. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon