SculpSure after Lipo and fat transfer to breast. Is it safe?

I just had Lipo done on my abdominal, flanks, and inner outer thighs for fat transfer to breast two weeks ago. I don't want to put my body through more pain, so I'm thinking about getting SculpSure for my upper arm. Is it safe and wise to do this right after Lipo and fat transfer? I know after fat transfer my main concern is how many fat cell will survive in my breast. If I get SculpSure for my upper arms, would it have an effect on my breasts?

SculpSure on Arms

It is perfectly safe to have SculpSure performed on your arms, as no other area of the body will be affected. We have found this procedure to be very effective for stubborn arm fat, often times requiring only one treatment. SculpSure is a very safe procedure, destroying fat cells in a given area but leaving all other structures intact and unharmed - as a bonus the laser does have a skin tightening effect as well. The procedure takes only 25 minutes in total and you can resume normal activity immediately after. SculpSure is the best non-invasive alternative to liposuction that can provide incredible results without the pain or downtime.

SculpSure after fat transfer/lipo

Although using SculpSure on your arms is considered "off label", many clinicians have reported great results with this treatment.  A SculpSure treatment will only affect the fat cells in the targeted areas, so in this case it should not effect the fat cells in your breast.  I would recommend that you check with the surgeon who performed the fat transfer and lipo to determine the best wait time between treatments, to allow your body the time it needs to properly heal.  All the best to you!

SculpSure can be used on the arms

SculpSure can be used "off label" for fat reduction of the upper arms.  It will not affect any other area of the body, including your breasts.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure for the Arms

Your previous liposuction and fat transfer should not be affected by the SculpSure to the arms.  This is a very reasonable goal for SculpSure.  You will need to do a consultation however to make sure that this is the right treatment for your arms.

Having Sculpsure on your arms will not affect your breasts

there is no reason why doing Sculpsure to your arms, will have any negative effect on the fat transfer to your arms. There is no reason to be concerned.

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure to the arms after fat transfer to breasts

Sculpsure is not approved for the arms, but can be used off-label in this area.  Sculpsure of the arms should not interfere with the fat transfer to your breasts. Be sure to be well hydrated to promote drainage of the metabolized destroyed fat cells.    

SculpSure after fat transfer

Great question, and I read some answers from "experts." I know of no research on this subject, and the fat transfer survival can probably be affected by many inflammatory reactions. I think I would wait three months at least to allow the fat to graft. (my opinion.)

Would Not Expect this to Interfere

As long as you are away from the breast area, I would not expect any problems with SculpSure. Be sure that area is actually fat and not loose skin on the upper arm. If it is loose skin, it may benefit more from some radio-frequency skin tightening such as Pellefirm

SculpSure to arms after liposuction of abdomen, flanks and thighs with fat transfer to breast

SculpSure is currently FDA-aproved for fat reduction to the abdomen and the flanks, but the arms can be treated as an off-label site.  Treating your arms should not affect the fat transfer that you had to your breasts.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

SculpSure in the arms should not interfere with your liposuction donor sites or fat transfers to your breasts.