SculpSure after Lipo and fat transfer to breast. Is it safe?

I just had Lipo done on my abdominal, flanks, and inner outer thighs for fat transfer to breast two weeks ago. I don't want to put my body through more pain, so I'm thinking about getting SculpSure for my upper arm. Is it safe and wise to do this right after Lipo and fat transfer? I know after fat transfer my main concern is how many fat cell will survive in my breast. If I get SculpSure for my upper arms, would it have an effect on my breasts?

#S

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

Sculpsure for the arms

Yes, you are fine having Sculpsure on your arms. The treatment is completely localized and will not in any way adversely affect the fat grafting to your breasts. However, your body is still healing so having another procedure so soon may be more painful than normal and/or lead to a longer recovery time. Best to discuss with your surgeon. 

SculpSure After Fat Transfer

It is safe for you to have SculpSure done on the upper arms without any concerns regarding the fat transfer to the breast area. The area where the applicators are placed is the localized area that will be treated spreading 35% from applicator. Best, Dr Faraz

Does Treatment with SculpSure Affect any Other Part of my Body? Just Had Fat Transfer to Breasts.

SculpSure is a local treatment and will not affect any other part of your body.  There is no connection. The laser energy is localized to the fat under the applicator only. It has no systemic effects either. The fat gradually dies and is metabolized. The grafted fat cells in your breasts get their new blood supply within 48 hours after grafting and then live there permanently, unaffected by anything other than general weight loss and gain, just as those cells would behave in the original areas from which they were taken.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you discuss with your board certified facial plastic surgeon. They would be best for recommending the combination of your procedures. SculpSure should not affect the procedure of SmartLipo because it was performed on a different site. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure on Arms

It is perfectly safe to have SculpSure performed on your arms, as no other area of the body will be affected. We have found this procedure to be very effective for stubborn arm fat, often times requiring only one treatment. SculpSure is a very safe procedure, destroying fat cells in a given area but leaving all other structures intact and unharmed - as a bonus the laser does have a skin tightening effect as well. The procedure takes only 25 minutes in total and you can resume normal activity immediately after. SculpSure is the best non-invasive alternative to liposuction that can provide incredible results without the pain or downtime.

Dennis Gross, MD

SculpSure after fat transfer/lipo

Although using SculpSure on your arms is considered "off label", many clinicians have reported great results with this treatment.  A SculpSure treatment will only affect the fat cells in the targeted areas, so in this case it should not effect the fat cells in your breast.  I would recommend that you check with the surgeon who performed the fat transfer and lipo to determine the best wait time between treatments, to allow your body the time it needs to properly heal.  All the best to you!

SculpSure can be used on the arms

SculpSure can be used "off label" for fat reduction of the upper arms.  It will not affect any other area of the body, including your breasts.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure for the Arms

Your previous liposuction and fat transfer should not be affected by the SculpSure to the arms.  This is a very reasonable goal for SculpSure.  You will need to do a consultation however to make sure that this is the right treatment for your arms.

Having Sculpsure on your arms will not affect your breasts

there is no reason why doing Sculpsure to your arms, will have any negative effect on the fat transfer to your arms. There is no reason to be concerned.

good luck

david berman md