Do my scar and belly button look normal? (Photo)

it has only been 3 days since my full TT with lipo but I was wondering if in your opinion this is a higher than normal scar? I guess I thought it would be way lower and I had a lot of skin above the belly button before. He cut below my csection scar which seemed lower than my current TT scar so I am a bit confused as to how this occurred? I am still quite swollen, from the profile view I look very big. Especially around the scar and pubic area.

Abdominoplasty questions

Thank-you for the great photo.  The results look great for 3 days post-op. Your results will only improve with time. Continue to follow closely with your doctor and good luck with a speedy recovery.

Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Do my scar and belly button look normal?

Thank you for your question. Yes, everything looks normal for 3 days post op.  It is normal to have swelling in the first few days after a tummy tuck. It is too early to judge your results. Final results of a tummy tuck will take 9-12 months. See your surgeon to discuss your concerns. Best wishes.

You appear to be healing nicely at 3 days postop. You should discuss your post op questions and concerns with your chosen surgeon.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

You appear to be healing beautifully based on your photos.
There is a real misunderstanding for many patients about the height of the scar after a tummy tuck. It has far more to do with your anatomy and pre-existing skin excess in your upper abdomen than it does the surgeon. Unless you successfully lost a tremendous amount of weight before surgery (like following bariatric surgery or 50-100 lb weight loss) you likely did not have rolls of redundant skin in this area. The skin above your belly button needs to reach the skin above your pubis, and in most patients will lift this to some extent, determining the final position of your scar. You can keep the scar very low by also including a midline scar below the belly button straight down, but in your case that would have been a very poor choice. We sometimes have to do that for patients who's skin can't reach.
Enjoy the results of your tummy tuck! You look to be off to a fabulous start!

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Early tummy result

Thanks for your inquiry and picture.  I believe you have a nice early result and a typical location for your scar.  I do not know what expectations you had about your incision placement, please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  

Scar

Thank you for the photo and question but you appear to have an excellent result.  So speak to your surgeon about your concerns 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Scar and Belly Button Look Normal?

Based on the pictures that you have provided it appears that you have an excellent result at this point.  Both you belly button repair and your incision appear to be well placed and you can expect to have a nice result after all healing has been accomplished.  Make sure to continue to follow your surgeons instructions and get adequate nutrition during this immediate post-operative period. 

Scar position

Hello, usually c-section scars are right above the pubic mound so if your surgeon removed this scar, this would imply that the tummy tuck scar was just above the pubic mound.  This is where the incision is usually placed.  However, the pubic mound is usually elevated by a tummy tuck so perhaps this is why the scar is higher than you anticipated.

Early appearance issues after a TT.

Greetings,
It seems quite early to be evaluating your incision and belly button. Early after tummy tuck surgery, the swelling and associated weight issues are likely to obscure your longer term result weeks and months from now.
You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon at your follow-up appointments.
Good luck as your abdominoplasty heals.
Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon