Is scalp movement OK after FUE?

I have had bad itching from FUE since about day 3. I have not scratched the recipient area but I have been scratching around the outside parimiter of it as scratching close to the itch helps it to subside. My concern is that after a few days of doing this it occurred to me that my scalp, including the recipient area, would move with the motion of the scratching. Everything looks great but I'm concerned the movement might have inhibited the blood supply connecting to the grafts....

Scratching your scalp will not affect the blood supply. If you are having issues may be best to contact your doctor.

Scratching your scalp will not affect the blood supply.  If you are having issues may be best to contact your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scalp movement after FUE hair transplant

The scalp movement should be normal after you heal with FUE hair transplant.  The movement of the scalp will not affect the blood supply or the outcome.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itching after FUE in donor area

There should be normal movement of the scalp after FUE within a week of the surgery. The medications HPR + HydroGel work well for itching and you can get the reference from your doctor or call 1-844-genRx2u to get the medications.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itching and scalp movement after hair transplant

Beyond the fourth day after FUE hair transplant the grafts have firmly taken hold and blood supply has long been established.  Itching the skin and movement of the scalp will not disturb the grafts.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scalp movement

You should experience some itch in the recipient area, but if you have a concern with the amount of itching or the severity it is best to discuss this with the surgeon who performed your procedure. Rubbing your forehead or scratching nearby the recipient area will not affect the blood supply to the transplanted area.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician