I have scabbing around my areola. Why scabbing now, this long after and what do I do about it? Thank you. Tracy

I had breast augmentation over 16 years ago. About 3 years ago I started having itchy scabbing around my aeriola, where theincision was made.

You should have an immediate breast consultation

Hi. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty. Crusting or scabbing around the areola can be associated with a type of breast cancer called Paget's disease, and this requires immediate attention. You should see your primary doctor or gynecologist and have a referral to a breast specialist for biopsy. This could be completely unrelated to your past augmentation.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

See dermatologist

I suggest you see a dermatologist to see what the problem is, as it is probably unrelated to your surgery since it was over 16 years ago. Best of luck.

Itchy areola scab

Thank you for your question. It is unlikely from your previous breast augmentation. I recommend to see dermatology or plastic surgeon to evaluate this and if needed biopsy. Thank you

Itchy scab

Hello and thank you for your question.  this new scabbing with itching is very unlikely related to your previous breast augmentation.  I would recommend you see your primary care, dermatologist or plastic surgeon to evaluate the area.  It may require a biopsy to determine the cause of your symptoms.  Hope this helps!

Scabbing after breast implant.

Hello and thanks for your post. Based on you statements, I do not see a relationship between your scabbing, itchiness and the breast augmentation done 16 years ago. In other words, this might be a condition not related to your surgery even though it presents itself in the area of the old scar. Talk to you primary MD about it and seek their advice. Best wishes, Dr.ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD