I had sub-muscular Breast Implants on Jan 2014 & not happy with the results. Am I a candidate for Breast Implant Revision? (phot

I had breast reduction about 25 years ago. I had implants sub-muscular done Jan 2014. I am not happy with the shape of my breasts. The implant sits very low and I can feel it at the breast crease, below the incision. I also have what I consider bad distortion in left breast with ANY movement. Am I a candidate for breast revision? Thank you.

Yes you could revise them

Thanks for your question. Yes you could have a revision at this time. If you want a rounder look at the upper breasts and no animation, relocation to a new sub glandular pocket should fix this. Your breasts sit lower on your chest and you have a little bottoming out or pseudoptosis from your reduction years ago, so you would also need a mastopexy or tightening of the envope, and this could be done by revising your existing scars. It would also correct then left IMF problem too.  If your lower pole tissues have thinned and can't hold the implants, you could also need a tissue reinforcement like alloderm, dermis or a silk med product added. 

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Revision

Hi
I would recommend a review consultation with your plastic surgeon (or another PS).  Your breast volume (the implant +/- your existing tissue) does appear to sit quite low.  The only way to correct this is with further surgery.  I would aim to elevate the position of the implant and tighten your skin/breast and place the implant above the muscle.  I believe the only way to eliminate distortion is to have the implant in the pre-pectoral (sub-glandular) plane.  I also don't think that by waiting any further that things will improve.  All the best.  Regards Kim

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

It is quite possible that you are a candidate for a breast revision procedure. Best to be seen in person to determine this. Good luck.

Unhappy with result

Thank you for your pictures. I think that your candidate for revision. I would do two things. I would to evaluate the position of your implant and the volume. I would reevaluate your breast reduction and possibly tighten the skin around your existing implant or slightly larger one.

Revision and correction of animation deformity

The animation is caused by the way the muscle was released to make room for the implant, and conversion to the split muscle plane corrects that nicely. The skin envelope may need to be adjusted by revising the lift.

Richard Baxter, MD

I had sub-muscular Breast Implants on Jan 2014 & not happy with the results. Am I a candidate for Breast Implant Revision?

Its early but I feel you will probably need a revision. You need to be examined in order to give you a better assessment of your requirements. I do believe that your impnats will need to be slightly bigger and may need a mini lift. Good luck

Breast shape and malpositon

You would be a candidate for a revision of your breast lift / reduction incisions as well as a capsulopexy to correct any existing breast implant malposition.  

Breast revision after augmentation

Hi and thanks for your question. I think you be a suitable candidate for breast revision surgery. The first step would be to find a plastic surgeon and you're comfortable with, who is also board certified by the American Board of plastic surgery. Typically in breast surgery, each subsequent surgery becomes more difficult than the previous, because of scarring and limitations related to the scars.

From the photos that you post, it appears that you would benefit from tightening of the implant pocket to raise the implants' positions. I think you would probably also benefit from a skin tightening procedure to decrease the amount of skin between the nipple and the fold, and potentially tighten skin horizontally as well. This skin-tightening procedure is somewhat risky in the setting of previous surgery, so you should try to obtain both of your operative notes from the reduction and the first revision.  The most important thing to be gathered from these operative notes for your surgeon would be to find out what the blood supply to the nipple is, and how this was planned for in your breast reduction surgery.  Otherwise, at rest, you have very nice symmetry and your plastic surgeon should be able to give you the result you're looking for at your next revision.  I'm sorry that you're having to go through this whole process!  Best wishes, Erik Hoy M.D.

Erik Hoy, MD
Warwick Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  It looks like you can benefit from a revision with the goal of moving your implants back up above the inframammary fold, shortening the distance from nipple to fold and doing something to deal with the muscle distortion.  What exactly can be done would require a consultation with either your surgeon or another plastic surgeon who is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and preferably also a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the California Society of Plastic Surgeons.  If you have or can get a hold of your operative report from your breast reduction it would help your surgeon know what he can do.  Depending on what technique was used for your reduction it may or may not be advisable to move your implants over the muscle which would fix the muscle distortion issue.  I hope y
this helps. 

Lars Enevoldsen, MD
Modesto Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

Yes you are a candidate for breast revision.

I can  see why you are not happy.

Ideally I would like to see your nipples centered on the breast implants. Your implants sit low which is atypical if you had a sub-muscular breast augmentation. Your implants show some bottoming out which contributes to your dissatisfaction.