Is it possible/safe to have a Tubal Reversal and Tummy Tuck/Lipo at the same time?

Intra-abdominal Surgery and Tummy Tuck

The data is very clear that combining medically associated intra-abdominal/pelvic surgery with a tummy tuck leads to increased risk of complications. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons. 

It can be done but probably should not be done. I would wait too ave a tummy tuck after you are done having children. That is just the recommendation if you want the most optimal result but to answer your question yes they can be done together. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Tubal reversal with concomitant Tummy tuck.

Surgically the procedures may be "safe" to perform together BUT in reality, it is significantly better to complete child bearing before one has an abdominoplasty. Gestation is tenuous when the muscle repair restricts intraabdominal and intrauterine growth such that the fetus may become prematurely stressed prior to complete gestational growth. 

Bottom line. Get the reversal.Complete the family. Then get the abdominoplasty afterwards. 

Good Luck.

Most plastic surgeons suggest that you finish having children before undergoing an abdominoplasty with repair of the stretched out abdominal muscles and liposuction of selective areas, in order to achieve the best long term cosmetic result with the least potential complications.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Tubal Reversal at same time

If you are having a Tubal reversal to have more children I would recommend against a Tummy tuck until your family is complete. Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Tubal Reversal and Tummy Tuck

From  time factor I don't see any issue having both procedures done at the same time, along with liposuction.  However, I would assume that by having a tubal reversal you are considering becoming pregnant again.  If that is the case, then it would be best to complete your pregnancy (having kids) then move forward with your tummy tuck and lipo.  I would be afraid that you would compromise your result from your tummy tuck and liposuction if you become pregnant in the new future.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD