Is it safe to have laser hair removal two weeks after Thermiva?

ThermiVa

Thank you for your question. You should be to able to have laser hair removal after ThermiVa. However please make sure you get a in person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist. 

Safety with ThermiVa

Yes, but I would always defer to the Physician overseeing the procedure to make sure there were no unforeseen problems.

Dean L. Johnston, MD

ThermiVa and laser hair removal

Yes, it is completely safe to have a laser hair removal in the same area after ThermiVa. These are 2 completely different technologies that do not interfere with each other. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Yes to laser hair removal

Thank you for your question and yes it should be totally safe for you to resume laser hair removal treatments after your ThermiVa treatment. Congratulations and best of luck-our patients are loving their results.

Thomas McFadden, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Yes totally safe

Thank you fro your question and yes I do not see any reason why you cannot undergo laser hair removal post TheriVa treatment.This is what makes these non surgical lasers so attractive for patients.  They offer effective treatment with minimal downtime or risks.

David Ghozland, MD
Santa Monica OB/GYN

Safe for hair removal after Thermiva

Yes it will be safe to have laster hair removal two weeks after a Thermiva treatment.  There is no downtime after a Thermiva treatment, and laser hair removal is not shown to affect the results either way.  If you personally feel comfortable since having Thermiva and are ready for hair removal, go for it.

Ginger Isom-Batz, MD
Dallas Urologist

Absolutely!

ThermiVa is a great treatment in that there are really no activity restrictions following a treatment. Laser hair removal 2 weeks after a ThermiVa treatment is perfectly acceptable. In fact, they can even be performed the same depending on your comfort level and where the laser hair removal is being performed.
I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal and ThermiVa

Hi and thank you for your question!

Yes, it is totally safe to have ThermiVa and proceed with laser hair removal treatments. There are no contraindication to these procedures being done together. I think waiting 1-2 weeks between is a reasonable amount of time.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Laser Hair Removal After ThermiVa

Yes, it is perfectly safe to have laser hair removal 2 weeks after ThermiVa.  There are no restrictions after a ThermiVa treatment.  If you are having some sensitivity after the treatment, wait a few days.  But since the hair removal is 2 weeks later, you should be fine.  Good luck!

Janet M. Neigel, MD
Florham Park Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes

This won't be a problem for you.  Thermiva has no downtime and there no issues with laser hair removal.

Nicholas Fogelson, MD
Portland OB/GYN