How to get rid of a bump of fat on the abdomen without surgery? (photo)

I got an abdoment lipo a year and half ago. Back then I noticed irregularity on my abdomen but thought and I was told it was swelling or bruising and it wouldn't last. Unfortunately it last up to now. I can not go back to my surgeon as I live overseas now. I wish there is a solution other than surgery, please advice.

Liposuction or CoolSculpting

Thank you for your question and for sharing a picture. Generally speaking your best option would be liposuction revision, but if you do not want a surgical procedure, you might consider CoolSculpting. This non-surgical treatment freezes the fat in the body and then the lymphatic system removes the fat cells. You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Residual Fat after Liposuction

Hello 'leeyah', thanks for your question.  It is common to have some contour irregularities and occasionally some residual fat left over after a liposuction procedure.  Assuming that this residual fat is what you have, this could easily be addressed with an office touch-up liposuction procedure under local anesthetic.  However, if you are completely opposed to even small incisions for the liposuction, then you could consider a number of non-invasive 'fat-melting' procedures that are available, such as cool-sculpting, which is the latest marketed device du jour.  Be aware however that the results for these devices tend to subtle and patients typically need multiple treatments to get the desired look, which can end up costing more than the one touch-up procedure would.  Good luck!

Residual bumps after liposuction

can be addressed with revision liposuction in the office (simple office procedure and very predictable) or non-invasive methods such as CoolSculpting.  Costs will vary considerably with each so make sure you understand everything including how revisions or repeat sessions are handled in terms of costs to you.

Curtis Wong, MD

How to get rid of a bump of fat on the abdomen without surgery

I think therapy such as CoolSculpting or Vanquish ME are options for you that will avoid surgery in order to reduce the bumps you have after your liposuction.

Julio Garcia, MD

Localized abdominal fat

The area of localized fat on your abdomen is not uncommon, and another liposuction procedure can definitely improve the situation and contour.

How to get rid of a bump of fat on the abdomen without surgery?

Based on your limited photo but without an examination, it appears that the bulging may be improved with additional conservative micro- liposuction of the area of fullness or possibly without a non-surgical radiofrequency based  fat removal treatment like Vanquish. Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).  You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - how to improve my result?

Thank you for asking about your liposuctionIt looks as though you have residual fat and need a second liposuction.But if you are in an area where there are office treatments for fat reduction, such as Coolsculpting, it is worth trying it at least once
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS