What should I do to get rid of my excessive facial fat? (Photos)

For years I have been insecure about my puffy face. I have tried every face mask, V-serum, facial exercises that one can think of to get a slimmer face without any success. I'm desperate to get rid my facial fat, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get rid of permanently and safely. What should I do?

Fatty face

Surgical procedures depends on what you would like to achieve. I would recommend to start with Bishat (buccal) fat pads removal, it is efficient procedure performed under local anestesia. Liposuction of double chin area is viable option as well if you need one. In any way please remember of your overall facial arquitecture, you have attractive face, but to try to change it drastically you may need some more extensive surgical options with bigger investment, more trauma and recovery time. It is your decision to consider with Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, who is expert in soft tissue facial contouring and bony structures modifications for this matter. Find a good Doctor and candidly discuss your options.

Respectfully,

Dr. Andrey Shakhov    

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Facial Sculpting with Kybella, Liposuction, Surgical Removal Buccal Fat Pads

I suggest you see an expert, there are options but you need a formal consultation to determine what is best.

Facial fat

Facial contours are are determined by a facial a skeletal proportions.

Well fat distribution may have some minor implications and how the face looks the underlying skeletal structures are by far more important.

Manipulating facial skeleton structures balance or imbalance or a time as possible and at times very difficult or complex.

Facial analyses can be done by the use of x-rays and formulas or simply based on an artistic assessment based on how each plastic surgeon practices the art of medicine.

It's important to include all tissue aspects with making the proper facial analysis when making a treatment plan.

Often different modalities can be involved and patience at times we have different options of what may or may not help.

Treatment options can be as simple as injecting fillers or as complex Craniofacial surgery.
Sometimes adding implants in adjacent structures can cause areas of fullness to be perceived as being much smaller.

People with perceived cheek fullness may have a protruding maxilla in relationship to their forehead or mandible.

I suggest having multiple consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons.

If you get consistent recommendations then you know you're on the right path to what may be an appropriate treatment plan.

A lot of this depends on how much you're willing to go through.

In getting a proper work up or assessment you may need to include being seen by someone who has a craniofacial fellowship background.

This could include oral surgeons or plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgery is who I have a craniofacial fellowship background.

The importance of making an accurate diagnosis and understanding all underlying anatomic factors that create or give someone a certain facial look cannot be overstated.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Face shape and size

Thank you for your photo. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine what are the largest contributors to the shape of your face. Facial structure is determined by the bones, muscle, and fat. Sometimes it is not facial fat but prominent muscles or bones that are causing the shape. There are both surgical options and non-surgical (Botox, ultherapy, fillers, etc) options that can help slim or re-shape your face. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Facial fat

Thank you for the photos and the question but an examination and discussion of what specifically bothers you needs to be determined so that an appropriate plan could be worked out specific to your needs.  So see some experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD