How can i get rid of this bump on my nose without using plastic surgery. (photo)

I have been noticing a bump on my nose...and so have other people. I am very scared to go anywhere because of this. I want to know what it is, how did i get it, and how can i remove it.

Nasal Hump

The nasal hump that you are seeing can be addressed surgically or non-surgically.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Can Fillers get Rid of the Bump on my nose?

I think you are a good candidate for an injection rhinoplasty. A filler injection can 'mask' the bump and make your nose look straight. If you take a look at my before/after pictures you can see a lady who had a similar issue as you and the result she achieved. 

Hopefully this works out for you,

James Bonaparte

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midline filler for correction of bump.

This can be corrected with mid line placement of fillers. The nose is an area for expert as there are many blood vessels in this area. The procedure involves injection of a HA based filler such as Juvederm in the midline. There are several ways to perform this, I use a cannula method. See an expert and Board Certified Plastics, Dermatologist, or ENT surgeon in your area. All the best,  Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

How can I get rid of this bump on my nose without plastic surgery?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  If this has only recently developed it may be the result of an infection, cyst or overactive oil glands.  I would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to have a diagnosis made a treatment plan discussed.  Hope that this helps.

Bumps On The Nasal Bridge Are Easily Treated By Nonsurgical Filler Nose Jobs

I have been performing nonsurgical nose jobs using fillers for approximately fifteen years. If you check out the before and after photos of a patient of mine in the side bar to this column with a very prominent bump on the bridge of his nose, you will see how easily this procedure can be performed. The time difference between the before and after photo was only about five minutes. If the very prominent bump shown in the photo could be easily camouflaged, the one you show in your photo most certainly can in probably no more than literally one minute. In my Upper East Side Manhattan office, I would likely choose Restylane Lyft for this purpose. In my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved lifting fillers are available, I would opt for Hyaluronica 2 for this purpose. Noses should not be left to the hands of novice injectors or medspas that are accustomed to treating simple smile lines with ordinary Restylane.. It is a quick and simple fix when performed by experienced physicians, so make sure you seek treatment by a board certified, aesthetic core physician with experience and expertise in doing nonsurgical rhinoplasties. And, of course, ask to see his/her before and after photos before agreeing to proceed. Good luck to you. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm -- Am I a Candidate Or Do I Need A Nose Job?

This can be treated with fillers, but that requires someone very meticulous. I suggest seeing an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Non Surgical Nose Job for Small Bump

Hi and thanks for your question. You have a small bump on your nose that is very simple to camouflage with the Non Surgical Nose Job procedure. You certainly do not need to have rhinoplasty surgery to make your nose straight. The Non Surgical Nose Job is a 5 minute procedure using simple injections to raise the skin above your bump by a couple of millimeters and give you a straight nose. The procedure is safe, painless and there is no swelling or recovery period afterwards. I would recommend using Voluma as a filler because it lasts for about a year and a half and is reversible at any time. Even though the filler would be adding to your nose, when we make your nose straight it will look smaller because it will blend in to the rest of your face. I would suggest consulting with a doctor who is very experienced in this specific procedure. Ask to see before and afters to make sure that their aesthetic matches your own. Hope that helps.

Bump on nose

Thank you for your photo. The dorsal hump on your nose is a common finding in most people. It is most times due to excessively tall cartilage and/or bone in that area. This can be smoothed out with surgery for permanent results or filler can be used to blend the hump with the rest of your nose. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Dorsal hump

You have a small hump on the bridge (dorsum) of your nose.  Fillers above and below would help with this.  A permanent solution would be a rhinoplasty wherein the bump is shaved down.  Seek out a consult with a board-certified surgeon.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD