How do I get rid of a port wine birthmark on my arm?

I have a quarter sized birthmark on my arm. How many treatments would it take, and how does it work? Thanks

Port wine stains and V Beam lasers

Port wine stains and red birth marks will respond to lasers. The best lasers are called vascular lasers and include the V BEAM as well as the Excel V laser. 
Good news is that it is small, so expect to have between 2-5 sessions depending on the exact location on your arm, your skin colour, and thickness of the port wine stain. Video explains the procedure. All the bestDr Davin LimLaser DermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Port wine birthmark treatments

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the question. Most port wine stains are effectively treated with vascular lasers. In our Albany NY office we treat with pulsed dye lasers and YAG lasers tailoring the treatment to the characteristic of the vascular lesion. With these treatments we can effectively clear most lesions in a number of sessions. Find a practice that has experience with the latest treatments of birthmarks.  

All the best to you,

Arthur Falk, MD

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Port Wine Birthmark Removal

Hi Sarah.  Port wine birthmarks are fairly straightforward to remove with pulsed dye lasers.  The number of treatments vary based on how much vascularity the mark contains.  To see examples before and after pictures of other Los Angeles patients that have had port wine birthmark removal at our office, click the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD