How can you tell that if rib grafts in the nose survive?

Hello. I just had rhinoplasty with rib grafts to augment my nasal bridge and make my nose tip pointer about 2 months ago. I am very happy with my results as my nose is taller and pointer. However, I don't know if the rib grafts survive, and I am really worried that they might die and be absorbed. So how can you tell that if the rib grafts survive? Thanks!

Rhinoplasty and Rib graft survival

Rib grafts can be useful in rhinoplasty. It also adds a level of complexity to the procedure. There are two types of rib grafts: autologous (your own living cartilage) and cadaveric (non-living cartilage)
Unless there was a problem with infection or the skin healing, autologous cartilage survival shouldn't be a problem. If there is cartilage absorption, then the shape of the nose would change on the outside. 
I recommend you ask your own surgeon regarding the cartilage and keep all follow-up appointments to make sure you stay on track through the healing process. Safety comes first. 

Rhinoplasty and Rib graft survival

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Rib grafts

Thank you for the question and it would be extremely unusual to resorb the grafts particularly this early post op plus you would see a change in your nose
Dr Corbin

Rib grafts

Dr Corbin