Rhinoplasty in the US.

I am interested in having rhinoplasty in the US. I am from the UK originally, and currently living in Australia. The doctors in Sydney are not what I'm looking for but I am very interested in going to Dr Vladimir Grigoryants based in LA. I am just wondering in regards to the cost of hospital fees. I know the procedure may cost upto 9000$ but I'm wondering the actual fees ontop due to not having medical insurance in US. Can anyone help me with this question? thanks :-)

Rhinoplasty in the US

There are many fine rhinoplasty surgeons in the United States.  Having the surgery performed in the hospital can increase the costs substantially.  Most surgeons in the US perform rhinoplasty in office surgicenter said which keeps the visit down substantially.  You should expect to pay $7000 to &10,000 in total including anesthsia and operating room. You should make sure you get a specific price quote on all costs before making your trip.

Rhinoplasty in the United States

The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly determined by the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an outpatient surgery center operating room, the amount of time monitored by a physician anesthesiologist under general anesthesia, and the surgeon's professional fees for performing the procedure in addition to all the postoperative follow-up appointments. There is usually no hospital fees associated with the rhinoplasty since it is outpatient surgery. Rhinoplasty is not covered under any medical insurance. For more information  and many examples of rhinoplasty, please see the video and the link below

Cost for Rhinoplasty in the U.S.

Hello aisa123 - Thanks for your question.Fees for elective surgery typically include the surgeon's fee, the anesthesia fee, and a facility fee.  Time based facilities are usually the most economical if your surgeon is efficient with time in the OR.  Procedure code based facilities cost more, on average, but they allow the slower surgeons time to produce great outcomes without worrying about the time it takes.  The problem lies in the fact that most anesthesiologists and facilities charge for their time by the hour.  This means that you want a skilled AND efficient surgeon performing your rhinoplasty.  Dr. Grigoryants has a good reputation for a young surgeon and his practice exploded after he was shown on "The Housewives of Beverly Hills."  There are great rhinoplasty surgeons all over the U.S. who charge less and more than what he does.In my practice, a primary rhinoplasty runs around US$8500 if I don't need to use an implant or cadaver rib graft.Elective rhinoplasty is not covered by insurance, so if Dr. Grigoryants has given you a price quote, that should be the approximate price you pay.  You may have to pay for preop blood work and medical clearance with your doctors in Australia, unless it is covered by your insurance.  I hope this helps. Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and while I cannot speak for other MD's, in my office all fees are included in the printed Fee and they generally are less then 9,000.  
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Fees for rhinoplasty

While many doctors quote a set fee for their procedures, others prefer to charge separately for the procedure and the anesthesia/operating room.
Ideally, the surgeon should not be rushed in his surgery and should take as long as necessary to do the procedure right.
Levels of accreditation, qualifications of the anesthesiologist, and of course surgeon's experience and skill vary greatly, so patients should consider all factors carefully.

Brent Moelleken, MD

RHINOPLASTY IN THE U.S.

Dear aisa123, I can not speak for other surgeons however in my practice I have my own private fully accredited operating facility  and anesthesiologist so these fees would be included in the quoted fee and there would not be extra "hospital" charges. My patients from out of the country or state often stay at aftercare the first evening which is approximately 600.00 if they do not have someone here to care for them and then they transfer to a local hotel set up by my patient coordinator for the remainder of their stay. Patients have their splint removed on day seven and generally prepare to fly the next day home. After this we stay in contact typically by Skype, Facetime, telephone or e-mail depending on the time zones. You will need to check with your surgeon what their policy is for operating room charges and if that is included in the quoted fee. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD