Would a rhinoplasty be a good choice? I want to enhance my face.

i hate my nose because i have a point at the tip, and ive hated it since i was little. i used to have a bump in the center of the bridge but it went down as i grew up. its also kindof wide from the front and when i smile its even wider i hate it. but my nose is basically how its going to always be since im 18 in a half. also, lip fillers as well? because my lips are tiny and my top lip sticks out more then my bottom. what else can i get done to my face to enhance it? im tired of contouring

Facial Plastic Surgery

Without any photographs though, it is very difficult to assess your situation. From what you describe, you can be a good candidate for both rhinoplasty and lip fillers. A rhinoplasty can decrease the projection of your nasal tip as well as slim down the nasal bridge. Lip fillers can help balance out your lips, but this is a temporary solution. If you want a permanent solution, I recommend looking into lip augmentation. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon experience in both rhinoplasty and lip augmentation surgery  

RHINOPLASTY AND LIP FILLER

Dear itmeduhh, Photographs are necessary to give you any input regarding your rhinoplasty. If you would like to post photographs for further expert opinion I have included a link below. You are correct that at 18 years of age your nose has matured and this is a common age that patients start requesting rhinoplasty surgery. Since you are currently on realself I would suggest reading the reviews of some expert surgeons.  If the large majority of the reviews are concerning rhinoplasty surgery then the surgeon most likely denotes a large portion of their practice to the speciality of rhinoplasty surgery. Schedule some consultations and have imaging performed to show you the proposed changes, then review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. Once these steps are taken you will be able to decide if you would like to move forward with surgery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty and lip augmentation?

I need to see a set of photographs as described on my website and those of others. You need to choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who has excellent results and natural looking noses.  Look at the surgeons reviews as well and have several consultations to determine which doctor you prefer. 

Rhinoplasty and lip augmentation.

It sounds like you're a very good candidate for cosmetic rhinoplasty and lip augmentation.  The latter can be done at the time of your rhinoplasty using either fat grafts or Juvederm.  It's most important that you meet with a Bd. Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss options and gain an accurate view of reasonable expectations and change.  Don't be hasty in making your decision and select your surgeon carefully.Best wishes. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a decision about a rhinoplasty procedure, since both the nose and the face are 3-dimensional structures.  A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish narrowing the wide bridge line and nasal tip.  It is also possible to reduce the amount of  excessive width when smiling at the base of the nose. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Is Rhinoplasty a Good Choice to Enhance My Face?

All the unfavorable nasal characteristics that you describe can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery. Fillers or fat injections are till the best alternatives to augment the lips. I need to see you or pictures to be more specific re what can be done.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question.  You may be a candidate for a rhinoplasty.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Without photos it is not possible to assess your face.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person exam to discuss your concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Would a rhinoplasty be a good choice?

Even with internet photos, there is no substitution for a real face to face visit.  They can evaluate you as well as see how your face changes when you speak, smile and animate.  Many doctors offer the first consultation visit for free.
Best of luck,Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Without photos, it's very difficult to assess your nose and lips. I recommend consulting with a Board-Certified plastic surgeon.  He or she can guide you through the entire process, from start to finish.