Rhinoplasty: Upturned nose and flattened columella makes my nose look shortened/piggy ...40s y/0. Any suggestions? (photos)

2 weeks ago I had a septo/rhino. I realize it's two early to know my nose result but even after swelling I cannot imagine that my nose will get a more elegant LENGTHENED appearance I had before . I only wanted the SLIGHT hump on my nose removed. Immediately before the procedure the dr suggested raising the tip as it droops from aging, to which I said. "Ok a little". Also my dr told me afterward "I also raised your columella". I'm so depressed. What is the revision success? Ican email photos TY!

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Rhinoplasty: Upturned nose and columella

Dear BQT,You're right. 2 weeks is too early to know the nose results due to swelling. Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. The swelling will go down over the next 6-8 weeks. Then over the next 6-9 months, the nose will rollercoaster up and down with swelling but it will continue to go down. The swelling goes down first on one side and then the other. The tip is always last. Don't be in a rush to revise something that may change anyway. Keep your follow-up appointments so your surgeon may track your progress. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon