Revision Liposuction on thighs and knees - want it on knees, but surgeon says it's too dangerous. Why is that?

I had liposuction around my thighs and flanks and am unhappy with my results.My thighs are uneven,one of my flanks is bigger than the other and my doctor said she liposuctioned my inner knees but they were not done.At follow up I was told it is dangerous (first time I heard that)to have inner knee lipo but I have heard it can be be done, and have seen before and afters online.She said she will revise my thighs and flanks, but why not the knees? I am so upset as I paid for the knees as well.

Revision Liposuction on Thighs and Knees?

I'm not sure where your surgeon is coming from but we do laser liposuction of the medial knee area all the time. In fact, in many situations where a patient is having inner thigh liposuction it is very important to include the inner knee otherwise the overall contour will not look good. Is your surgeon a Real Plastic Surgeon, i.e. are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? There are many untrained and unqualified doctors performing "cosmetic" surgery today after going to a weekend course and magically becoming an "expert". Unfortunately their results reflect their lack of education and experience. You might consider going for a second opinion from a Real Plastic Surgeon with plenty of experience doing liposuction. 

Knee liposuction expert in Los Angeles

Liposuction revision is essential. For the knees, I would use our Hidef approach that does not have visible scars and is combined with Exilis multiplane tissue tightening. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

VASER Liposuction on Knees With ThermiRF / Sculptra

We do knee contouring all the time and it is very safe if done properly. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.