Should I consider revision gyno surgery to help achieve even nipples?

I had the gyno surgery 10 months ago. One nipple/breast area is noticeably more full than the other. I've had steroid injections on this nipple and it's successfully gotten rid of the firm scar tissue. Still, the nipple is much more full than the other. Should I consider revision to make one match the other now? How long should I wait?

When to Consider Gynecomastia Surgery Revision to Achieve Even Nipples

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.

As each case is different, the surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified . In addition to checking board-certifications, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Revision gyno surgery

10 months is enough for you to consider a revision. 
Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a revision.

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately without photos or more importantly, an in-person evaluation, it is nearly impossible to tell you if a revision is warranted.  Therefore, you need to be seen in person by your operating surgeon to determine what would be best and realistic for you moving forward.  At the 10 month mark, mostly all swelling should have subsided, so if there is additional glandular tissue or fat, you will likely need to be operated on again.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Waited ten months following gynecomastia surgery

I believe that 10 months is adequate time to wait for resolution of swelling of your breasts. A revision gynecomastia surgery should easily correct any residual fullness under your nipple areola.

Arian Mowlavi, MD