Revisión after 6 months of areola breast lift with implants under local anesthesia?

Hello so i had my breast augmentation with areola lift and implant 6 months ago, i was not happy with the results since they look saggy not what i expected. My ps told me he go ahead and do a revision and dk the anchor lift under local anesthesia and that we dont have to remove the implant or anything. Is that save i mean i trust him but I'd like more opinions?

Revision Breast Lift Under Local?

Unfortunately your situation illustrates why an areolar (? Benelli) type breast lift is very often not useful in combination with breast augmentation because in simply cannot provide the degree of lift that is needed to a achieve a pleasing breast shape. It sounds appealing to patients because there is less of a scar, but if doesn't accomplish what is needed then find yourself having to return for a revision lift. 

Your surgeon is trying to help out by saving you money, but in my experience an anchor type breast lift is not something that I would want to try to do under local anesthesia. This lift requires much more extensive dissection to achieve the desired result and I believe that it would be difficult to keep you fully comfortable with just local. If your surgeon cannot keep you comfortable then the procedure may be compromised. 

Breast lift

Yes it is safe to convert a peri areolar lift to a standard "anchor scar" lift.  The peri areolar techniche usually just raises the nipple/areolar complex, and not the breast.

Breast lift/augmentation revision after six months?

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with your result.  I use the periareolar Benelli lift when the patient's nipple areolar complexes are wide and somewhat low in position but explain to patients that it does not provide a fraction of the uplift and skin reduction of a full uplift procedure.  Your surgeon may have been trying to avoid the more extensive scars on your behalf but now that the results are seen you have the option of a full uplift procedure.  Personally due to the length of the procedure I choose to have my patients asleep under light general anesthesia.  It makes the procedure simpler and probably more effective for the surgeon and easier for the patient in my opinion. Discuss all options with your board-certified plastic surgeon and best wishes.Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Sounds Legit!

I would trust your plastic surgeon in this. A revision mastopexy under local anesthesia may give you more of the look you desire and should be an easy procedure for you. If you are not satisfied, you can always do a more extensive operation, but this would require more anesthesia and probable implant/scar tissue manipulation.

George Sanders, MD

Local Anesthesia OK When No Implanting Done

Natural Breast Enhancement (fat transfer breast augmentation) – We offer augmentation using your  own fat to add volume and improve breast shape. You may not have any enhancement done, but this still means that no implantations are being done with your revision.  This procedure can be done under local anesthesia vs. general anesthesia and requires less recovery time. Good luck!

Revision Breast Lift

Hello,Without photos, it would be hard to advise you. However, it is rare for a cosmetic breast surgery expert to make these judgement errors. Additionally, revision surgery is always more difficult than primary surgery. I would visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Revision Surgery

Breast revision surgery can at times be very complex and I would always recommend weighing all your options before diving into surgery again.  As far as local vs general anesthesia, that is something that you and your surgeon should be comfortable with and something you need to discuss.  In my opinion, small lifts may be done under local, but where largers lifts are done, I think it is more comfortable for the patient and the surgeon to have the surgery done under general anesthesia. Hope that helpsGood luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

It is a good idea to get a few other opinions on our revision. I would not recommend local anesthesia for your secondary lift. General anesthesia with a breast revision specialist recommended 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Doing a revision

I'm assuming the areola lift means just an  incision on the top of the areola. Should this not be enough lift, then it does make sense to convert this to some type of vertical mastopexy. Whether or not this can be done under  local anesthesia ,is a decision to be made between you and your surgeon. Of course there is more comfort under a general anesthetic, but there's also more cost. Hope this is helpful.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS