Results worth a revision? (Photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 3 years ago, my nose literally looks the same just narrower, my bridge bump and length and tip are the exact same. Am I a candidate for a revision? Can a revision shorten my nose a bit and lift my tip?

Results worth a revision?

A revision rhinoplasty can remove the bump on your nose; reduce the tip and shorten the length.  No one can tell you whether or not the revision will be worth it.  This decision is soley yours!  If you do decide to have the revision, see a Facial Plastic or plastic surgeon with a lot of rhinoplasty experience.

Nose changed little after rhinoplasty

Thank you for asking about your rhinoplasty.

Depending on your goal, a revision may be worthwhile.
  • Get copies of your pre-operative photos and the operative note and get at least two opinions as to why there was no change and what might be done.
  • Typically, a rhinoplasty will shorten the nose and lift the tip - the question is why this has not happened.
  • Perhaps surgery was too timid to change your look - 
  • Or perhaps there are problems that were not identified before your first operation.
  • To answer these questions, the operative note, photos and examination are all needed.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Revision Rhinoplasty

Dear kd88, A consultation and examination will help determine your goals with revision rhinoplasty. Certainly your concerns of the bump on your bridge and tip length may be addressed with revision surgery and should provide a nice natural result. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Results Worth a Revision?

Only you can decide if a revision is worth it But you can achieve your stated goals of removing your hump and lifting your tip to shorten your nose. I would suggest refining your poorly defined tip. Consult with a surgeon who specializes in revision work.

Results worth a revision?

Rhinoplasty can reduce the projection of the tip and the hump.  I would need pictures from the front to provide advice on tip refinement.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Revision rhinoplasty for shortening nose etc.

A revision rhinoplasty can remove the bump and a drooping rip , etc.Only you can decide if the revision is worth it for these changes.  Make sure you see a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon for this who does natural noses.

Results worth a revision?

You ask a question that is a very very personal one. Only you can decide if you want a secondary rhinoplasty...