Restylane or Juvederm for LIPS? (photos)

I live in Los Angeles and I am extremely overwhelmed. Some places tell me I should use Juvederm and some places tell me I should use Restalyne. I somewhat understand how they are different but I just feel so conflicted. I am also realistic and understand it may take more than one visit and/or syringe to get my desired result (which I am fine with). I just don't know where I should go or which product I am better off with. It will be my first time and I don't want to have any regrets. PLEASE HELP

Restylane or Juvederm for LIPS?

Restylane and Restylane Silk is great for adding fullness and definition to the lips. Please have a consultation with a board-certified doctor, maybe someone who was highly recommended or referred by a friend. Discuss the results you desire and then it can be determined what type of filler is best for you. Restylane tends to result in less swelling, but except there to be at least a day or two of recovery time. If this is your first time start off doing less, rather then more. You can always go back for a touch up.  

Trust the Doctor, not the product....

Hello

You are placing too much emphasis on the product.  Your result will be dependent on the expereince of the injector.

both are excellent.  each injector will use one over the other both for personal preference and their business relationship with the makers of the product.  Go with the injector that you felt most comfortable with, and don't worry too much about the difference between Juvederm and restylane.

I personally prefer restylane, but again, I don't think it is better, I just am used to injecting it and get outstanding results with it.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Restylane versus Juvederm for the Lips

Both Restylane and Juvederm work extremely well for the lips.  It all depends on the technique used for the lips involved.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip augmentation

Rather than trying to determine which product you need, I would recommend focusing on finding the most experienced and knowledgeable injector and following their recommendation. No matter what product is used, the person injecting the product is far more important than the product itself. Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

The type of filler doesn't matter so much as the injector.  The type depends on what look you are trying to achieve.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane or Juvederm for Lips?

Thank you for sharing your great question. The answer is that it does not matter. Both Juvederm and Restylane give very similar and excellent results for lip augmentation. Some patients experience more swelling with one product than the other. The most important factor is having the injection performed by an experienced, board-certified doctor. I hope this helps.
Good luck,

Restylane or Juvederm For Lip Enhancement

Hello Miss and thank you for your question. Determining which filler would be most appropriate for you requires an in-person consultation with evaluation of the structure of your lips and discussion of your goals. It's important to know that you won't be able to have Kylie Jenner's exact lips. However, you can have the best version of your lips given the framework that we have to work with. Looking at your picture, your bottom lip is much bigger than your top lip, so most of the volumization would be focused on the top lip, in order to give your lips a better proportion. You are absolutely correct that it may take more than one visit or syringe to achieve optimal results. Sometimes a combination of both Juvederm and Restylane Silk can be used to provide volumization and enhancement of definition. In your case I would start with Juvederm. The key is that you find an experienced injector who can work with you to reach your goals. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

When it comes to cosmetic procedures, it's the painter not the paint.

Hi Miss BBGUN

I think you are a great candidate for lip augmentation.  It's unfortunate that the doctors you are seeing are not giving you clear, confident advice.  There are definitely differences between Juvederm and Restylane but it's the injector that is the most important part.  I use both products and get fabulous results with both. Sometimes we even combine products.  So I would look for a board-certified dermatologist who performs a lot of lip injections and let them decide which product or products are best for you.  
Also, I think your Kylie expectations may be a bit ambitious.  It's important that the lips suit the face.  Sometimes less is more. ;-)

Hope that helps!

Dr. Carroll

Julia Carroll, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Restylane or Juvederm

Six of one and half dozen of another. It all depends on the surgeon you consult with. I personally have been using much more restylane silk for the lips since it was introduced less than a year ago, because I think it gives a bit smoother and more natural look. That being said, I was using juvederm before that with great results.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane vs Juvederm

It is almost like Bayer aspirin and st Joseph aspirin.  Juvederm is a little more concentrated but that is not a real factor. I like Restylane silk for the lips because it will last a little longer. Be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist