Remove Radiesse from nose surgically in Southern California?

Hi, I have radiesse injected into my nose in Sweden 2.5 years ago after a rhinoplasty, something I'm very unhappy with. It has unfortunely not dissolved yet, it's constantly swollen and irritated, I have had a couple of successful steroid injections in order to bring the swelling down but it has always gone back. I live in Los Angeles and wonder if there's any skilled surgeon around Southern California who can help me remove it with an excision or with saline/cortisone injections. Thank you
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Seek treatment in So Cal in Santa Monica

Seek evaluation from Dr Raffy at Kare Plastic Surgery in Santa Monica, CA.

See the link below. 

Radiesse In Nose and Bad Result

After 2.5 years the radiesse is gone and if you are constantly getting swollen , red and irritated you need a biopsy or scan to ensure there is nothing more going on.  5fu with steroids may give more improvement than steroids alone, but I do think you need a more formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

#Radiesse #Juvederm #Restylane - Remove Radiesse from nose

The Radiesse, assuming that's what it was, is probably long gone.  If anything, most patients wish it lasts even longer than it does, but that's not usually more than about a year (longer in some cases).

I'd suggest that you first confirm that it was Radiesse that was injected (that may be hard for you to do) and then consider a non-invasive diagnostic test (such as an MRI) to try to see exactly what is going on.  Surgical treatment in that space - the nose - risks leaving you with additional deformities.  If it's indicated it may have to be done, but I would try to make that a last resort.

You should of course be assessed in person for a full and complete evaluation, including treatment options.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf100

Removing Radiesse

Removing Radiesse from you nose is not easy.  The cause of the problem may not be any remotely remaining Radiesse.  First I would want you to have an MRI to see if the location of the substance.....if any is still there.......... is located everywhere or in a pocket.    If it is everywhere in the tissue it cannot be removed.  If it is localized it can be partially removed.  So the surgeon must know where the substance is if there is any remaining.  If localized it may be worthwhile to have as much as possible removed and replaced with cartilage from the ear if necessary. Do you have records confirming it really was Radiesse?   My Best,  Dr Commons.

Radiesse removal from the nose?

Radiesse removal from the nose? This is probably more than that since most of the radiesse is gone. I would need to examine the nose to make sure of the cause to select the appropriate treatment.

Removing Radiesse

Thank you for your question. I would not recommend surgical removal. If the Radiesse was dispersed widely in the nose it would be very difficult to remove. I would follow up with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to be examed and go over your options.  

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Removal of Radiesse

It is very unlikely that the radiesse is still there after this amount of time. I wonder if you might have gotten an infection that is still present--best is to see a facial plastic surgeon or a plastic surgeon who specializes in nose surgery

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Radiesse in the nose

Dear okej,

• Sometimes Radiesse can be dissolved with sterile water, not saline or steroids
  • It's also interesting that it gets red and irritated
  • We should also make sure there isn't a low level infection
  • If the water fails after a couple of attempts, surgery is also a possibility
  • Seek out a rhinoplasty specialist who can address your concerns

Dr. Nima

Nima Shemirani, MD