How to rejuvenate aging hands and feet for 28 year old female? (Photo)

Hi there, Im 30 yr old female showing aging signs on feet and hands. I protect my face and hnds with spf and rarely get in contact with harsh soap or detergent. Is there any procedure that can help rejuvenate my hands and feet. I have a young face and is extremely self-concious when i notice people do a double talk on my hands and feet

Hand Rejuvenation

There are few treatment options that can be used in conjunction to rejuvenate hands and prevent signs of aging.  Skin care is an important part to slow down the aging process.  Sunblock on your hands is necessary to use every day.  Retin-A or tretinoin can be used on the skin to stimulate collagen and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.  Intense Pulsed Light laser is useful for any signs of hyperpigmentation or age spots and 1540 non-ablative fraxel laser is a great treatment to have on your hands once a year to stimulate collagen production and resurface the skin.  The main treatment that will hide your veins and bones would be a dermal filler.  In our practice, Radiesse is a great option to add more volume to aging hands. I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good Luck!

Fillers to Rejuvenate the Hands

I have seen very nice results with filler injections to the backs of the hands.  This helps to hide the veins and tendons which protrude and generally gives a younger look.  I prefer to use a thicker filler such as Radiesse or Restylane Lyft.  This is a non-invasive procedure with little recovery and immediate results.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin Rejuvenation - hands

Hands can be "rejuvenated" by grafting/injecting fat to cover up your bones/veins more.  If you don't have fat, other products can be injected into these areas to give them a more youthful appearance.  A visit to a plastic surgeon who does injection treatments for problems like wrinkles usually has a few products of this type that can can help.  Since you don't have sun spots or other problems so I would focus on that as color and skin texture/sagginess is not your issue.  Best Wishes!!

Fillers, fat transfer, CO2 Fractional laser

The good news is that your texture is pretty good- namely you don't have any pigmentation changes. The skin can be tighter with laser resurfacing. CO2 provides the best collagen stimulation. 2-3 fractional sessions will help. 

As for volume, either a dermal filler or fat transfer can help rejuvenate your hands. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Aging Hand Rejuvenation

I have been using radiesse and other HA fillers or fat into this area(s) for 10 years with amazing results.  See someone with experience and that uses cannulas to limit swelling and bruising.  Best, Dr. Emer.