Can I only reduce the tip and leave the bridge untouched? Any other procedure needed to look more appealing? (photos)

I have fatty bulbous nose tip in same wideness with my lips.Can I redefine the tip without touching the bones (I don't mind bridge wideness)?I also have bad complexion(oily skin, large pores and redness-not rosacea) and dream of having beautiful even skin.I tried retinoids,CO2 resurfacing;IPL with no effect. I find the dark,rough textured hollow eyes,wrinkles, sunken cheeks,double chin also problematic. I need advice what to correct but not to exaggerate,because I'm too conscious about my face.

Rhinoplasty

I think if you only have the tip don't, the rest of your nose will be out of proportion.  I think your entire nose needs reduction of its proportions to get the best outcome.

Options

Thanks so much for reaching out and posting photos! I agree with some of the prior responses, an in person consultation will give you the best information on which procedures are available to correct specific issues. Be sure to visit Board Certified Surgeons. Best of luck! Dr. Kim

Daniel B. Kim, MD

Reduce tip but not bridge of nose

It is important that the nose be in harmony with itself. Addressing only the tip of the nose may not give you the look you are seeking because the rest of the nose is imbalanced. By not addressing the upper aspects of the nose, your nose may then looked pinched. By seeking a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, you can often see the final aesthetic goal and discuss any changes at that time. Imaging at the time of your consultation can be helpful so that you can see the proposed changes in relation to the rest of your face.

As for your skin, there are a number of treatments that can improve the texture and appearance of your skin, including skin resurfacing techniques such as chemical peels of various concentrations, dermabrasion and laser therapies. It is important to note that there are many differences between each technique, for example not all lasers are equal. 

As for hollowness under your eyes, that can be easily improved with the use of fillers such as Restalyne. The fullness under your chin can be addressed with a number of surgical and non-surgical techniques, including Ultherapy, Kybella, and submental liposuction. 

All these concerns could be addressed during a consultation with your doctor.

Vito C. Quatela, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I only reduce the tip and leave the bridge untouched....

Every Rhinoplasty is unique and should address only the unattractive issues of ones nose.  At the same time, addressing functional needs if necessary.  Clearly the tip can be narrowed, leaving the bridge height and width completely intact if that is the desire.   How much the tip can be narrowed is best answered with in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Oily skin tends to be a little thicker and that could limit the amount of narrowing, but surely some narrowing can be done for a very nice improvement.  

As to the dark circles beneath your eyes, the vast majority of time this is due to slight depression with resulting shadow which causes the darkness.  Fat grafting at the time of Rhinoplasty will nicely improve that issue.  As to pores and redness, you've used retinoids, which are the most successful treatment  if patients are using the proper dose and using it for a long enough time.  I think with proper direction you'll be surprised how much improvement can be accomplished.  I hope you find this information helpful.

Thomas Hubbard, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You would benefit from some tip refinement to correct your bulbous tip but I do not believe you would be completely satisfied with that alone. It may create some nasal imbalance and asymmetry. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a physical examination of your nose, discussion of your cosmetic goals and review of your medical history. In regards to your skin, you should seek the advice of a dermatologist to come up with an appropriate skin care plan for you. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tip only rhinoplasty

You would benefit most from a full rhinoplasty.  Your skin has considerable thickness, so that will be a bit of an impediment to achieving a defined tip.

Make sure to select a surgeon with considerable experience who will also be realistic with you about expectations so you are not disappointed with your surgery.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Can I only reduce the tip and leave the bridge untouched?

While it is possible to only perform nasal tip surgery, you run the significant risk that the remainder of the nose will be unbalanced in relationship to the new tip. In most instances, a full rhinoplasty is required. Thick skin cannot be changed and will be a significant impediment to seeing refinement in that area of the nose

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

You could theoretically do whatever you and your surgeon decide is appropriate, however you need to come in for a consultation where you will be properly examined, photos taken, and digital morphing to simulate surgery can be performed so you can see what the consequences are for doing various maneuvers. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Nasal tip plasty without "breaking the bones"

Dear Akekjm

A nose is that have not been operated on such as yourself can have an isolated "tip plasty without altering the bridge or "narrowing" the nasal bones.  Since minor asymmetries are most often the rule and not the exception, I perform most of my rhinoplasties through an "open" approach, allowing me access to see both sides of the nose, including the alar cartilages,  at the same time. This gives the surgeon unprecedented control over symmetry when reshaping the nasal tip with suturing, removing cartilage and adding grafts if necessary. With revision rhinoplasty, it is unrealistic to just perform a tip plasty because more often than not, the bridge is distorted as well and more extensive work is generally needed.

Both very thin and thick oily skin can present a challenge in achieving your ideal result, whatever that is, but nonetheless, a beautifully handsome result can be achieved and will work wonders  if not changing just the appearance of your nose but your whole face is well. 

I hope this helps and good luck to you. 

Dr Haworth 

Beverly Hills 

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS