I received a breast lift Feb 27 2016. Around my nipple area is still red and looks like it will keloid. Is this normal? (Photo)

How do I get rid of the red around my nipples ? And is this normal post Surgery of 6 month?

I received a breast lift Feb 27 2016. Around my nipple area is still red and looks like it will keloid. Is this normal?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Healing of the Areola after Breast Lift

Thank you for your question regarding healing after breast lift.  If your scar is red and flat, you may benefit from laser therapy to lighten the scar.  If your scar is red and raised, you will likely benefit from silicone sheeting therapy.  I would see your plastic surgeon to discuss these helpful options.  I wish you the best!   Dr. Bresnick

Stephen Bresnick, MD