Follow-up: Wondering based on my pictures, if edited version is possible? Realistic nose goals or head in the clouds? (photo)

I used a app that lets you simulate rhinoplasty called the FaceTouchUp appit helped me warp my face to the nose I desired.

Rhinoplasty

The computer morphed photo is not realistic. Yes, your nose can be narrowed and yes the tip can be refined, but not like that.

Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Realistic Expectations

Thank you for reaching out and posting photos... I agree with the other surgeons responses. That is not a realistic expectation. I would visit a few experienced Board Certified Surgeons and discuss your options and learn about realistic end goals. Best of luck. Dr. Kim

Daniel B. Kim, MD

Realistic Expectations

Daniel B. Kim, MD

Morphed nose photo goal?

I think that you are a great candidate for a cosmetic rhinoplasty but your 'target" image iis unnaturally pinched and thin.  The proportioning of your nose does not balance or blend with your cheek and jaw structure.  

Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon and rhinoplasty expert or a facial plastic surgeon for imaging and an examination.   Be certain to review photos of other patients to get a realistic understanding of reasonable expectations before proceeding.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Morphed nose photo goal?

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question.  You are a great candidate for a rhinoplasty, but the morphed image appears too narrow in my opinion. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Realistic rhinoplasty goals?

Realistic rhinoplasty goals?  These would not be realistic goals by aesthetic outcome and by  probability  as well. The tip can be more refined and the bridge narrowed but not to the degree that you have shown since this would look quite artificial. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you pictures of natural results that he has done. Do not rely on imaging.

Realistic rhinoplasty goals?

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the photos and at a complimentary consultation with an expert in the field who uses digital photography you will be able to see what is and what is not possible with your nose.  So go on some consults with experts that use that technique

Dr Corbin

Rhinoplasty

Dr Corbin

Head in the clouds

The morphed photo you created shows a nose that is WAY to narrow.   It's not possible anatomically and should not be considered a realistic  goal. IF you ever could achieve this result,  you would not be able to breathe through your nose.   Go see a surgeon who does morphing and see what is realistic to expect. I do think you could expect some narrowing and improvement in tip definition,  just not to the extreme that you show in the morphed image.      

Head in the clouds

Nasal narrowing

It is possible to narrow the width of your nose but a nose that narrow would not allow any airflow and would appear too pinched and unaesthetic.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Nasal narrowing

Brent Moelleken, MD

Rhinoplasty

It is  common to over exaggerated changes when looking at imaging. While I certainly believe that refining the shape of your nose is beneficial, it is essential to not over correct the changes. Refining or narrowing your nose but staying within the normal framework of facial structure will look very nice. Exaggerating this narrowness will will create a very unnatural appearance. The last thing you want is to have people asking about your surgery. What you truly want is to hear people say " wow you look great". 

Bryan W. Rubach, MD
Naperville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Bryan W. Rubach, MD
Naperville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are

Narrowing and refining your nose as you've shown in the edited pictures is realistic. Based on these pictures i question if the changes should be a little less severe so you achieve a natural feminine result. This will be discussed during consultation if you select an rhinoplasty specialist.

Are