Raised skin around initial scar? (photos)

The skin around my scar looks to be normal skin but is raised. I'm unaware if this skin is also apart of my scar. My scar is completely flattened now. It's been almost a year since stitches were removed. I've being using silicone gel sheets and oil to treat my scar. My question is how do I flatten the raised skin on the top and bottom of my scar? Should I have a procedure done or is there another form or cream or treatment I should be using? Thanks.

Doctor Answers 1

Hypertrophic Scar/Keloid -- Pulsed Dye Laser/VBeam, 5fu/steroids, Fraxel/Viva, CO2, Aerolase

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would suggest an in person consultation with an expert for evaluation. Hypertrophic scarring should be treated in a combination approach with lasers along with steroid/5fu injections. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 202 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.