Am I going to have to quit my job after getting breast implants?

I work with dogs in a basically a dog boarding facility I've read several advice from drs online saying after surgery most people can return to work in 3 days IN AN OFFICE ENVIRONMENT! Where I work it's kind of physical, the larger dogs can pull me and I'm scared of falling or a dog jumping on me or not moving as fast as I used to and being worthless at work am I going to have to look for another job?

Greetings

Thank you for your question, after your breast Augmentation you will need time to recover for 2 week after fro your job but you will not need to quit however do speak to your surgeon durıng your consultation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Need different job?

Hello, most of my patients return to their regular job after surgery, even if it is physically active.  However, if you go for a consult I'd suggest asking this question to your surgeon.  They will be able to give specific advice.

Post Op Activity Restrictions

I typically recommend one to two weeks off of work depending on what you do for a living and yes, an office job will require less time off. Most people have no trouble returning to work at two weeks but there are a few exceptions. I also advise that patients avoid strenuous upper body exercise, or heavy lifting over 10 pounds for 6 weeks post op. This can require that people with physically demanding jobs modify their work assignments during that time. I recommend that you discuss these considerations with your Plastic Surgeon during the planning phase.

All the best

Breast augmentation recovery

Following breast augmentation placed in a subpectoral pocket, you cannot use your arms for heavy pulling,pushing,lifting for at least 4 weeks. This is one of the few times that I would recommend you consider placing your implants over the muscle. This will prevent you from having to wait 4 weeks to return to your job as a dog trainer,etc. Please contact our office if I can be of further assistance. You will need a consultation to make sure that implant augmentation in front of the muscles will give you a good result.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Am I going to have to quit my job after getting breast implants

You should be able to take care of large dogs after 3-4 weeks, so you need to speak with the vet and see what they say

Julio Garcia, MD

BA recovery

Within 2 weeks you can probably be performing your described job duties without too much trouble.  You will still be a little sore and you will have to be careful.  I would arrange to have the surgery over a holiday period and maybe add in a few vacation or sick days. Good luck!
Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS
Pasadena, CA

Most patients are able to resume returning to work at a sedentary job within one week. I generally recommend waiting three weeks to return to exercise. However, in a patient with a strenuous job requiring lifting of eighty pounds, I would recommend waiting 4-6 weeks.

I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon with regard to his or her particular recommendations about activities after your breast augmentation and follow those instructions.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation: postoperative recovery

Dear Ms. Ashley_yvonne3,

Thank you for your questions.

Every Plastic Surgeon has their own recommendations.

Here are mine:
1) fist 2-3 days take it easy at home and "ice" the breasts
2) begin displacement exercises as pain permits. Breasts immediately look good in bra or bathing suit but need to "seat" to look good in the nude.
3) Return to work when you feel you can. Earlier for non required upper body
users and longer if your arms are needed. Good judgment prevails.
4)first 6 weeks exercise as pain limits
5)after 6 weeks exercise without limitations
6) 2-3 months for breast implants to "seat"

Hopefully you could apply for a medical leave to retain your position. 
Talk with the administrative staff of the Plastic Surgeon 

I personally think recovery from pain  is more rapid with intraoperative injection of local anesthesia and postoperative use of a non narcotic pain pump

I suggest you make several different consultative appointments with experienced Plastic Surgeons who are Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who are ideally members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).
My best wishes,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Surgery and work

Thank you for the question and I would use my vacation time for the surgery or see if you can be given lighter duties while you are recovering.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants / Silicone Implants / Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

No strenuous activity or heavy lifting for 6-8 weeks following surgery is best.  I would ask your job if you could assist in front office/phone duties for the first few post op weeks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz