What is the purpose of Radiesse? I have used it myself in my temples but wore off very quickly.

Do people ask this product? What would be an alternative?

Radiesse is a safe and excellent filler, but it performs best in the midface, and along bony structures like the chin, jawline, and in certain, very specific areas of the nose (e.g., radix).  

For temples, Juvederm Ultra works exceeding well, providing smooth long lasting results if the proper techniques are used.  We commonly see results lasting well over 1.5 years.

The attached link provides more information with before and after images and a video.

Radiesse

Hello and thank you for your question. Radiesse is a dermal filler that is used to add volume to areas. Radiesse is a highly requested filler because of the results and longevity. You may not have had enough product placed to your temples. Other alternatives to Radiesse are Voluma and Restylane Lyft. 

Hope this helps. Dr Faraz

What is the purpose of Radiesse? I have used it myself in my temples but it wore off very quickly.

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  As with most dermal fillers Radiesse is used to aid in soft tissue volume and support in the face and hand region.  Made of calcium hydroxyapatite it affords most patients a very long-lasting result.  If you saw little long-term improvement then it is likely that not enough material was placed.  If you would like to try a different family of fillers you can look to the hyaluronic acid fillers such as Voluma and Restylane Lyft for long lasting improvements.  Hope this helps.

Alternatives to Radiesse

There are many different types of fillers that can be used on the face.  When a filler wears off faster than usual, many times it is due to not enough of the product being injected.  Alternatives to Radiesse would include hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm and Voluma.  Other types of fillers would include Sculptra, Bellafill and fat transfer.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon