Any suggestions for PRP hair loss?

PRP done with micro needles , is this procedure effective for hair loss or just to stimulate hair growth ?

PRP and Hair Growth

More studies are needed to assess if there is increased hair growth from PRP alone or PRP with microneedling for the scalp.  Please consult an expert in hair loss to assess these results.  Best, Dr. Green

PRP for hair loss treatment

There is not enough documentation of the effectiveness of PRP for hair restoration. The studies on PRP for hair loss treatment and prevention are limited in numbers and do not show long lasting results.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP micro-needling for hair loss? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, PRP is excellent for diminishing hair loss and thickening the existing hair. The ability to regrow hair is dependent upon how long the hair has been dormant. It is my impression that if hair loss has been longer than 5 years,  regrowth is not likely in dormant follicles.  I believe that PRP is more effective when injected into the scalp rather than applied with micro-needling. Prior to  PRP treatment , you should be visiting a hair expert. A good physical examination and history needs to be taken. PRP works best for genetic type hair loss. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon