Does PRP and A cell only make hair grow coarse, kind of like minoxidil?

Minoxidil only make existing hair grow coarse, but it will not slow/stop hair loss because it does not affect DHT level. Is the role of PRP and Acell the same. DHT still attacks hair follicles, PRP won't reverse the damage done by DHT.

In my opinion, it is possible for PRP to re grow hair. The issue is how long the hair has been dormant. If its for less than 3 years, it is possible. If hair loss has been  greater than 5 years, the follicle is probably  no longer active. PRP can increase hair thickness and decrease hair loss. Combining Propecia  with PRP is very effective in males. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting Great Hair--Hair Loss Treatments, Prp & progesterone

I don't use Acell, because I don't find it works as well as other combinations. I have all my patients use viviscal, rogaine, and propecia when getting prp. I also do prp with progesterone injections to get the best results with hair growth and quality. I recommend you see an expert in hair loss for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.