What procedures do you recommend for my asymmetrical face?

I want to know what procedures I should look into. I have a cheek imbalance, I have a right dominant cheek and a flat left cheek. Should I look into fat grafting? Also, I want to have a chiseled eye appearance. Should I also look into fat grafting or implant? Those are the only issues I have found, is there any other suggestions?

Treatment of the asymmetric face- not as easy as it sounds!

All faces are asymmetric, if you look closely enough and analyze the differences.  All you have to do is pump in filler or fat, and the face will be symmetric...

...Right?

Not so fast! 

Certain things cannot be fixed, such as how the eyeball sits in the eye bone, or the vertical height of the orbit.  Often there are cheek irregularities that have to be assessed on two parameters:  from side to side, but also within the side itself!  However, the appearance of symmetry can often be improved.  

The trick is how to maximize the appearance of symmetry in a reasonable manner.  It's best to seek treatment with a doctor such as a board certified plastic surgeon with a very artistic eye who is comfortable with the gamut of fillers and is able to address your concerns on a temporary basis, but also has training with permanent solutions such as cheek lifting techniques, cheek augmentation with various methods, eyelid surgery, brow surgery, canthal readjustment, occasionally even nerve readjustments!!

That way you are getting a long term game plan to maximize the appearance of facial symmetry!

Asymmetrical Solution with cheek augmentation and fillers (voluma, radiesse)

Facial fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill): Sculptra, implants or fat can be used for cheek augmentation. Lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers can be used around the eyes. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Hi, from the photos your cheeks are both flat anteriorly, there is excess fat below and in front of the cheeks, the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles.  This creates an elongated, oval shaped face.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Fixing a symmetric cheeks, etc.

no face is perfectly symmetrical. However there are many faces that  have asymmetry that can be improved.  Normally I use cheek implants for most patients since the results will be permanent and we do not have to worry about irregularities and absorption. Multiple procedures are not needed.  The cheek implants can be carved to adjust for asymmetry in the cheeks. In addition one must consider the other issues involving the Eye and other elements of the face.  See a very experienced facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who can show you many examples of his work in patients similar to you. 

Correction of facial asymmetry

Most likely staged (several procedures) fat grafting would provide best outcome. However, you have to be reasonable with your expectations.

You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial rejuvenation and experience in fat grafting for clinical evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon