Procedures to define nose shape and improve breathing? (Photo)

I don't like how flat my nose looks. Under harsh lighting, I get very unflattering shadows across my eyes because I don't have a high nose bridge. Also, I get congested at night (mouth breathe as I sleep) and often get sinus infections/blocked sinuses. There have also been moments when my friends point out that I'm breathing heavily when I don't realize it. Approximately how much would a procedure fixing my nose's functionality and appearance cost? Thank you

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Rhinoplasty can address both shape and size of the nose as well as the functionality. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. The consultation will allow your surgeon and you to understand your desires as well as discuss the cost, recovery and results.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty - Choosing your surgeon

Based on your photos, it does appear that refining the tip of your nose and creating more height and projection to the bridge and tip of your nose will make a nice change to your overall appearance.

An important step in choosing the right nose for you is choosing the right surgeon. Looking at his/her before and after photos will give you a good sense of his/her aesthetic. Once you have found an experienced Asian rhinoplasty specialist, be clear about your aesthetic goals. He/she will be able to perform computer morphing of your pictures to give you a sense of what is technically achievable and what is appropriate for your face, and recommend any adjunctive procedures to attain the best result for you.

Costs will vary by location, surgeon experience and surgeon expertise.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Functional and cosmetic nasal surgery combination

There are many issues inside the nose that can cause nasal obstruction, such as turbinate hypertrophy, a deviated nasal septum, chronic sinusitis,  valve collapse, vestibular stenosis, and allergies. Each one of these issues are treated differently with either medications or surgery. Most patients should try medical management first before embarking on functional nasal surgery. In addition, functional nasal surgery is usually billed to the patient's medical insurance, once medical necessity has been documented at the time of examination. Elective cosmetic surgery on the nose must be paid for by the patient themselves. To rule out sinus disease, a CAT scan of the sinuses is required. The bridge line of the nose can be built up with a variety of materials such as patient's own cartilage or synthetic implants.

Rhinoplasty to Improve Appearance and Function

I prefer to use diced cartilage/fascia grafts to augment the nasal bridge using the patient's own tissue to avoid the  complications of infection, movement, and extrusion seen with silicone implants. An examination is necessary to diagnose the cause of your congestion and sinus infections but this can be addressed at the same time. 

Rhinoplasty and sinus issues

Your nasal appearance can be enhanced with a rhinoplasty.  You would benefit from raising your bridge and projecting your tip with grafting.  We prefer to use your own rib but a cadaver (also very safe) rib can be used.  Your nasal obstruction and sinusitis needs to be evaluated.  It sounds like you might need a simultaneous septoplasty and sinus surgery.  This can be done safely at the same time as the rhinoplasty.  We have considerable experience with performing both together.  See out an opinion from someone who is double-boarded in ENT and Facial Plastics.  Best wishes.  

David Alessi, MD

You are a perfect candidate for open rhinoplasty with rib grafting

You are a perfect candidate for an open rhinoplasty with tip grafting; you need to have your nasal dorsum augmented with diced rib cartilage graft and you tip projected with a columellar strut graft (also taken from the rib). Forunately, we now use organ donated rib grafts which avoids the need to harvest your rib graft. A consultation would be necessary to examine your internal nose for an accurate price.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Augmenation Rhinoplasty

Ideally, you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty that incorporates the use of ear and rib cartilage to augment the bridge of your nose and project the tip. Alternatively, many people prefer the use of an implant placed on the bridge with local cartilage (septum) to augment the tip. 

Visit a few surgeons expert in rhinoplasty and get your digital imaging of your facial photos. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS