What other procedures can I get for my arms other then an arm lift? (photos)

Other procedures?

Thanks for this great question. You can approach the arm in three other ways without the arm lift surgery.

- CoolSculpting - a non- surgical technique that freezes the fatty cells.

- Liposuction - surgery with cannulas to remove excess fatty tissue.

- Thermi - minimally invasive treatments to tighten the skin.

Each approach has their pros and cons and you will need to speak with a medical professional with experience (several consults most likely) to see if you're a good candidate for these modalities. 

- I prefer to perform arm lift using the posterior incision which hides better and also heals better in the back of the arm. Please see examples of this approach in the links below:

Best wishes always, 

Dr. ALDO :)

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Arm Procedures

Hi, thank you for the photos.

I am assuming you are asking about alternative procedures for the arm lift due to scarring?

If so, there is Liposculpture and Cool Sculpting. The difference of the arm lift procedure & the Liposculpture or Cool Sculpting procedures is the residual skin.

So before making the decision we need to determine your skin elasticity.

The arm lift (Brachioplasty) allows for skin tightening with the trade of the scar.

The Cool Sculpting is a non surgical procedure to help reduce fat up to 25% each treatment and Liposcultpure can reduce the volume but can sometimes leave behind lose skin.

Hope this helps.

Brett E. Stompro, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction as an alternative to formal arm lift.

I think there would be aesthetic improvement liposuction of the arm alone. However there is a surplus of skin in that problem can only be solved by a formal arm lift or brachial plastic.

Arm surgery

The photographs you have posted are not ideal to make a decision on. If one has excess saggy skin surgical resection is the only way to treat them. Lipo can help but only if there is modest volume and no saggy skin. A consult with a board certified plastic surgeon is the best advice.

Mo Akhavani, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Arm surgery

Without an in person evaluation, it is difficult to determine what exactly you could do for your arms. If you do not have a lot of skin laxity to begin with you may be able to do some liposuction to help decrease the size.  The photos you posted are not very helpful and judging from them I would more than likely recommend the arm lift surgery. Good luck with your decision.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Other procedures for arm lift

Sometime a surgical liposuction procedure without an arm lift can improve the overall circumference of the arm ,but will not tighten the loosen skin which is what an arm lift will do. Thermage ,which is a non- surgical skin tightening process done with a machine which emits radio frequency  energy in the handpiece can give a conservative skin tightening . This procedure does not give the same degree of tightening surgery does .

Michael H. Wojtanowski, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

What other procedures can I get for my arms other then an arm lift

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination you may be able to have liposuction alone performed on your arms which will help to reduce their overall circumference.  Though the skin in this area tends to retract well, you may be left with some loose skin after this procedure, in which case a more formal arm lift would be of benefit.  The only nonsurgical means would be through the use of diet and exercise to reduce the amount of adipose tissue slowly, which will allow your skin to retract as well.  Hope this helps.

Procedures other than an arm lift

hello, and thank you for your question.

Looking at your pictures your options include 

Liposuction alone which would reduce the circumference around the upper arms but would leave be likely to leave you with a degree of excess skin; cryolipolysis (Cool Sculpting) which would aslo reduce the circumference around the upper arms but might also be likely to leave you with a degree of excess skin.

You could have liposuction with the arm lift or with Cool Sculpting with the arm lift but you did say you were looking at other options than an arm lift; fine.

There are methods aim g to reduce fat and shrink skin  ut these methods do not give as much change as the more traditional techniques; (laser lipolysis, Ultherapy, RF and HiFU but again these are all at the edges though perhaps good enough to satisfy your expectations. I would discuss these points with your plastic surgeon.

I hope you found this advice helpful.

Best wishes

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Procedures for arms

In our clinic we have a non invasive treatment, combined ultherapy last generation called EXILIS.

This is a non invasive treatment with a very goods results in patients that they don't want a brachioplasty for the scares.

Agustin Granado Tiagonce, MD, PhD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

What other procedures can I get for my arms other then an arm lift?

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you need lipo and arm lift for optimal results. Liposuction alone or any non invasive skin tightening will not give optimal results. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals

Ven Erella, MD