Do you think I can have a procedure besides surgery to remove my bags. (photo)

Does my bags look really really bad will a under eye procedure surgery will that be all I need

Surgical Alternatives to Eye Bags

Hi Rogena.  There are always alternatives to surgery, but the question is what are your goals and are you willing to accept a less dramatic result for a less invasive procedure.  

We would offer you fractional laser resurfacing and injections with Restylane to improve the appearance under the eyes.  Both would offer improvement, but perhaps not as much as surgery.  

To see some examples of other Los Angeles patients that have had the injections under the eyes, click on the link below. 

The photograph is very poorly lit.

Hard to discern your issues here.  There is no substitute for a personal examination.  This is really the basis for assess your under eye bag and deciding which surgical approach will be best for you.

Filler

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

BAD PICTURES ELICIT BAD ADVICE

There is no substitute for physical examination, but to get any reasonable advice in this forum you should provide well lit photographs looking straight ahead, profile looking straight ahead both left and right, and 45 degrees left and right for starters.  More is better. 

Luis Villar, MD, FACS

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

The eyes are best treated with a combination approach of fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP for improvement. Ultherapy/thermage, venus legacy all do well for swelling or puffiness. I would suggest consulting an expert. If surgery is an option they will recommend. Best, Dr. Emer.

Eye bags

Thank you for the photos. A non-surgical option would be to have hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane to your lower eyelid area to smooth and lighten the shadows and creases in the area. This will be a temporary fix and will not be able to completely camoflauge the bags. You would be better treated with lower blepharoplasty (lower eyelid surgery) to tighten the skin and remove and/or reposition the fat to restore and blend a youthful lid-cheek junction. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD
Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lower eyelid bags

There are numerous surgical and nonsurgical options for lower eyelid bags. What is going to be best for you is dependent on your individual anatomy, goals, and needs.

Your photo is very dark, seek out exam and evaluation by an expert.

To ensure you are receiving the highest level of care, seek out a modernly trained, new-school dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties.

Cameron Chesnut
#realself500 Physician

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon