What procedure is best: Smart Lipo or Mini Tummy Tuck? Is Tiny Tuck an option? (photo)

I am 5'3", 118lbs, 33 yrs old, workout 3-5 days a week, currently no children and not sure if I will have any. I am looking to get a flat stomach and remove my pouch. I recently met with two different board certified PS. One recommended Smartlipo to correct my imperfections and the other recommended a tummy tuck and said lipo may make things worse. A tummy tuck sounds extreme. I liked both PS and felt they were both knowledgeable. Unfortunately, the contradictions have me confused. Any advise?

Smart Lipo

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I do not see evidence of excessive loose skin so I do not think you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Due to your age and problem areas, you seem to be a good candidate seeing as you are young, healthy and will have good skin elasticity. I offer Smartlipo Triplex for patients in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas looking for a minimally invasive alternative to traditional liposuction. SmartLipo loosens then removes fat and tightens the overlying skin, reducing bulges of fat while simultaneously toning the body. It also offers tissue retraction through soft tissue coagulation, reliable, controlled energy delivery, reduced liposuction procedure time and patient downtime, less bleeding and bruising than traditional liposuction and high-definition body sculpting capabilities. Smartlipo also delivers precision and versatility with wavelengths that are ideal for smaller and larger fat deposits, tissue retraction, fibrous areas, or secondary liposuction cases.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo vs tummy tuck.

You have a great figure, you are young and healthy and you have great skin.  Plus you appear to have some good abdominal muscles!  You are a great candidate for aggressive liposuction to remove the excess fat and have the skin shrink over the smaller fat layer.  

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

You do not need a TT. Smartlipo should be helpful

you are very thin and you definitely do not need a full TT. What i cannot tell from your photos, is whether your stomach is not flat due to a small amount of fat (which will respond to Smartlipo) or if it is due to fascial weakness, which will only respond to your muscles being tightened such as in a mini TT. you would need to be examined in real life to determine this.good luckdavid berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Lipo

Good question. I believe liposuction would provide you with a great result that you are looking for. Sometimes these procedure can be done awake or asleep.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Liposuction candidate

Smartlipo should definitely address the problem. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipi or tummy tuck ?

Based on your photos and your history it appears that you do not need a tummy tuck. When I evaluate an abdomen I look at the three things the skin the fat and the muscle. It appears that your skin is in good condition, you have excess fat and you do not seem to have a muscle separation. However this can only be determined for sure on  physical exam. With over 30 years of experience with liposuction I think that I can say that you would be a good candidate for liposuction of the abdomen and flanks. You should have the flanks done. Otherwise you will not have a waist  that  you want.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo vs Tummy tuck

In answer to you question, it all depends on what your ultimate goal is. If you want a super flat look with the muscles plicated to the midline to eliminate the bulge at the bottom, you need a tummy tuck. Anything less can be done with the lipo.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Tummy Tuck vs. VASER Liposuction with Fat Transfer

I suggest seeking a consultation with an experienced cosmetic surgeon. By the photos posted you do not seem like a candidate for Tummy Tuck with Liposuction. Without seeing you in person hi definition body contouring with VASER liposuction and fat transfer to your breasts/buttocks would be a great alternative and would offer definition/shape to your already small frame. Non-invasive skin tightening options are available, depending on the laxity of your skin. Please seek an expert on this procedure. Best always, Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest seeing a VASER HI DEF body sculpting physician.  You may be a candidate for fat reduction but also skin tightening/contouring.  Please see an expert, if there is loose skin it may need to be removed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

The best way to achieve a flat tummy depends upon what's making it not flat

I see mild fullness in your abdomen below the level of the umbilicus. It appears that most of this is surface fat above the muscles. It's covered by skin that appears to be not very loose and requires no tightening. Your muscle tone is excellent and needs no help from anyone. Based on this you are an excellent candidate for liposuction only. A tummy tuck would pull the lower abdomen skin tighter, but tighter skin is unnecessary for you. I perform tummy tucks quite frequently, but I see no other reason why cutting you and leaving a scar would be of benefit in any way.